Zoo Lights

AlexColeman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some handheld photos with a D90, 16-85, of our Zoo's exhibition of christmas lights. CC welcome.

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0194.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0208.jpg

i realize you did these without a tripod. but i'm a perfectionist. always use a tripod at night. or, if its not ideal, you could have bumped up your shutter speed a tad...to eliminate some of the blurring.

but since you didn't have a tripod - you could have increased your ISO a bit and shutterspeed - but depending on your lens speed...well, i'm a noob, but these are my thoughts. i'm a perfectionist when it comes to night photography..

JMHO

Yeah, but no tripod was allowed(disrupts experience or some sh*t). And these were more out of fun then perfection. I was pushing the ISO and Shutter as it was, not perfect conditions, but fun.

Yeah, but no tripod was allowed(disrupts experience or some sh*t). And these were more out of fun then perfection. I was pushing the ISO and Shutter as it was, not perfect conditions, but fun.
i understand. christmas lights are very hard, especially since individual bulbs are so small, they're easy to blur. in my city, the downtown area is where most of the christmas lights are, i went down late one night, when no one was around and did some tripod shots...did it for as long as I could stand - it was freezing cold. But the only way i got decent pics was with a tripod.

a few nights later, i took my family - no tripod. it was very frustrating to take any pics at that point as everything got blurred, or underexposed..etc

Yeah, it was just a family outing, I want to do it more seriously at a place nearer to home.

I did, just didn't post, but will if you want.

Which zoo? I'm going to the National Zoo tomorrow night with my friend and her neices.

Except I have a 5D MKII. I can shoot at 6400 ISO and feel super 1337.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back