A few from the zoo today that I liked.

img8365a.jpg

img8700a.jpg

img8736a.jpg

img8813a.jpg

img8474a.jpg

img8772a.jpg

Last edited:
The pictures are great and I wonder who's blood it is haha!

That's an angry looking cat you got there on 3rd shot. Makes me want to hit CTRL + ALT + DEL over and over :lmao:

3 is absolutely the best in this set. Fantastic picture! You nailed the focus and composure and the cat was looking dead on! Very impressive!

number 3 FTW

Some C&C. :)

1. Blurry, needs a faster shutter speed. Dull colors, photo is dim.
2. Needs better composition; too centered on the animal. Slightly underexposed.
3. Brilliant! Love it.
4. Cool shot, maybe slightly more depth of field and exposure.
5. Nice capture.
6. Neat, but a bit too dark.

Hope I helped, it's been a while since I've posted here so excuse me if my critiques aren't up to par with other posters. ;)

I absolutely love that margay looking cat. The third photo is great. Has a color cast and is a tad washed out though. I did a quick edit. Levels, midtone contrast, a slight sharpening, removed the color cast, and cropped. I dont really know if I like the crop yet, but the original seemed extremely too centered with too much open space to me. Anywho, here's my two cents:

tank11.jpg

Mark

Mark, I think you should have cropped it to the left, to give more space. I see this needing to be centered. My reasoning would be the head and the rump would then fall on the 'thirds' lines.

Nice images BCS.
I really like the darkness of the Bat picture. I think you could do without the bowl though.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I meant to post on this earlier today but I got sidetracked reading the Ansel Adams train wreck thread. Regarding the darkness off the bat pic, that's all the light I could get. They were in a dark room behind highly reflective glass while I was surrounded by small children screeching madly. 3200 ISO at 1.8 and 1/80 sec. was the limit of my and my equipment's abilities. I just considered it a victory that it looked decent at all. I guess the bowl was there just to emphasis the Vampire part of Vampire bat and to feed my somewhat sick sense of humor. It's not very artistic looking I'll admit.

I dig the 2:1 crop Busrider. I seldom do anything other than 3:2/2:3 anymore with the occasional 1:1. Need to break myself of that.

Anyway, here's some more from the zoo. This was taken immediately following the one I previously posted. I was trying to get a bit of motion blur from his trunk but his head moved too much. This one may do that a little better.

img8366ag.jpg

The rest are monkey/ape pics. I guess I relate to them so I shoot them a lot.

img8711a.jpg

img8610a.jpg

img8557a.jpg

7.The new elephant is alot better IMO. Nice job.
8. I think it could use a tad bit tighter crop and some dodging on the eyes.
9. I think this is really dark for my taste. Maybe its just me..
10. I really like this one, but, again, its a tad dark for me.

Overall, I really like this set. Successful zoo photos really excite me. Thank you for that. Can I ask what lens/camera combo you were using? EOS T1i, but 85mm 1.8 Im guessing?

Mark

Most reactions

Back