Zoom lens question.

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by johnnietheapplefan, Aug 9, 2010.

1. johnnietheapplefan

johnnietheapplefan TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hello, everyone I am new to the forum.

I have loved photography all my life and finally bought my first nice camera. What I have been using is a Kodak easy share Z1285, I just ordered a Canon EOS Rebel T2i Black 18.0 MP 3.0" 1.04M LCD Digital SLR Camera w/ EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens. I am so excited to get my hands on it but here is my question.

I love taking picture at the many pro football baseball and basketball games I go to. Since the camera already comes with the Ef-s 18-135mm lens standard what would be the best zoom lens for me? a Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Telephoto Zoom Lens or a Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom Lens. Or if you have any other suggestion, I would be glad to hear themÂ…

Sorry for the long post this is all new to me and I am excitedÂ… Thanks!!!

2. AverageJoe

AverageJoe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    What's your budget? I'm assuming around the $300 mark. If you can spring for it, look at the 70-200mm f4 (non-IS).

3. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Be sure and check with each venue before you show up with your T2i and a long lens, many won't let you bring gear like that in to shoot pro sports.

4. ann

ann No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    nba won't for sure baseball might, but usually not with a tripod, no experience with football