zoom

blkmask

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How do you zoom in on your subject ?I was using a kit lens that came with my canon SXI. I put a tamron AF28-200 lens and I see it dosn't adjust like the canon. Or is there a release button for adjustment. There are no directions with the lens. A true beginner ?

How do you zoom in on your subject ?I was using a kit lens that came with my canon SXI. I put a tamron AF28-200 lens and I see it dosn't adjust like the canon. Or is there a release button for adjustment. There are no directions with the lens. A true beginner ?
It's possible the lens has a "Lock" switch so it can't extend when not in use.

If it does it will be easily visible somewhere on the barrel of the lens.

As far as Nikon cameras, Sigma lenses zoom by turning the zoom ring in the opposite direction of Nikon lenses. That could be another possibility.

It's also possible the Tamron lenses is defective.

At any rate a visit to Tamron's web site might be in order. You should find an online version of the users manual there you can download.

I quick look on Tamrons website yielded a 3D view of this lens... there are two different lock switches. One is for focus, right next to the red dot- this should be on AF. The other is a zoom lock, this should not be set on L for free zooming.

Also, I don't know anything about cannons, but if there is a MF/AF switch on the body, make sure it is in AF.

p!nK

Thanks to the group I was able to take photos today of the dogues. This was my first experience with the Tamron A28-200 F/3.8-5.6XRDI . I thought the pictures came out crisp . I will upload them to my web site tomarrow and post the link. Thanks for all your help.
Dennis

Most reactions

Back