Zoomville...

It looks like you have a decent tripod :)

Oh yes, it's nothing fancy but it's a heavy beast.

Very cool

Thank you.

I wonder if it would look any good to hold focus for like 10 seconds then slowly unfocus for 10 seconds? That might be an interesting experiment also. Might give a natural halo around everything. Love these pics though. Very creative.

I might pretest that before I go back to just an idea of what to expect. I've combined 90 degree tilting and zooming on long exposure still lifes before but never messed with focus. Definitely sounds interesting.

You're right, the first has some more definition to the buildings in the end, while in the second all structures get lost in the zooming process.
You wanted to go back and try to stay zoomed out for longer, so the buildings get even better defined? Worth a try, I should say.

Yeah, just ever so slightly longer I think. The longer I hold it the lighter the zoomed part will get and I don't think I want to loose to much of that.

I always like light as an art medium shots

I second a few comments above. try a different time of the night. these light-only shots really pop when you have a colored background at dusk. also, if you can at all tell what the object is, make it your point of focus.

if you have a lens that works, try the same shot starting more zoomed and ending even more zoomed or else crop the photo so the zoom goes off the picture to lose the big black band at the top

I think I'm going to need a longer zoom. I hoping to get a 70-200 of some sort here fairly soon so we'll see if that can do it.

looks like your about to hit plaid

.... if no one gets it a reference to space balls :D

sad you called out the reference so early...I definitely had a flashback the instant I read the line....

Kudos.

I haven't seen that movie in at least a decade, which is entirely too long.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back