ZX10R

TheFantasticG

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.gplimages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Got myself a new ZX10R and I friggin love it!!

Helluva deal too. Got it for under invoice with 0 miles.

Anybody else riding one?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415475884.846835.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Telekenisisisisis

Nice bike. A co-worker of mine had one and loved it. Enjoy your new ride.

Man, I can't not wait to get past break in mileage!!! Can't wait to see what it can do... Although I really think my limits will be reached way before the bikes.

I do like the power and performance of modern sport bikes, but with the miles I put on my motorcycle I simply cannot cope with the riding position for more than 20 minutes.

I used ti ride a zx6r and ex650r and miss them. God I want another sport bike. But carrying gear, uniforms, and food fir a week at a time didn't work too well

Soooooo.... I've put 2850 miles on it so far. I've eaten through the Bridgestone Battleaxe II stock tires. Ordering a set of Pirelli Rosso IIs tomorrow along with a fender eliminator... Debating on ordering a Graves Street Slayer exhaust for it... Also want to get the ECU euro flashed...

2850 miles....what did you do, a burnout every time you rode it? Even when I was using Metzler Sportec M3 sport bike tires on my Bandit 1200 I was getting around 4500 miles from a set riding it fairly hard. Now that I've calmed down a bit I use Shinko 009 Raven's which are a harder compound for touring and I get anywhere from 10-12k miles from a set. My last set actually lasted 14,000 miles and still had about 1-2mm before it was on the wear marks in the tread groove.

I ride an R6. Had an R1 but I was little too hamfisted with the throttle and broke the rear tire lose too easily for comfort. Traded it in for an R6 that I kept for 8 years before wadding it up on the side of a Suburban that turned left in front of me almost costing me my leg. Bought another R6 a year and a half ago while still recovering from that wreck.

I had a widow maker H2 750 in the early 80's but now have BMW GS and Yamaha Fazer 1000

That GS looks like it'd be a hoot on some trails.

2850 miles....what did you do, a burnout every time you rode it? Even when I was using Metzler Sportec M3 sport bike tires on my Bandit 1200 I was getting around 4500 miles from a set riding it fairly hard. Now that I've calmed down a bit I use Shinko 009 Raven's which are a harder compound for touring and I get anywhere from 10-12k miles from a set. My last set actually lasted 14,000 miles and still had about 1-2mm before it was on the wear marks in the tread groove.

The Bridgestone Battleaxes are soft soft soft. Great traction though in the dry up until about 200 miles ago, but was always terrible in the rain. From a lot of the reviews many are getting 9k out of the front of the Rosso II's and 4k-6k'ish out of the rear while still being extremely sticky. And, I mean, it's a zx10r, man! If you ain't doggin' it you ain't doin' it right! Oh, and that traction control wont' let you do a burn out if you tell it not to. I've had mine on the 2nd setting (minimal slip on the rear tire) and it works, damn good I might add. I love the electronics this bike has. Traction control, wheelie control, ABS, and whatnot. Love it. Would've liked a gas gauge too like my '13 ninja 650 but, oh well.

I ride an R6. Had an R1 but I was little too hamfisted with the throttle and broke the rear tire lose too easily for comfort. Traded it in for an R6 that I kept for 8 years before wadding it up on the side of a Suburban that turned left in front of me almost costing me my leg. Bought another R6 a year and a half ago while still recovering from that wreck.

Seen the new R1's? I know they were modeled after the WSBK or whatever it was but, man... I can't get past those headlights. On paper it looks like it's going to be a badass bike. And someone pulling out infront of me is my greatest fear. 2nd is letting the asphalt act like sandpaper on my skin... Both reasons is why I only ride in a two piece 360 zippered suit, gauntlets, full on race boots, full face helmet, and good insurance.

Seen the new R1's? I know they were modeled after the WSBK or whatever it was but, man... I can't get past those headlights. On paper it looks like it's going to be a badass bike. And someone pulling out infront of me is my greatest fear. 2nd is letting the asphalt act like sandpaper on my skin... Both reasons is why I only ride in a two piece 360 zippered suit, gauntlets, full on race boots, full face helmet, and good insurance.

I do like the look of the new R1 but I keep my bikes for years so I probably won't be getting one for a while. I make it a habit to always ride in the very least, helmet, gloves and jacket. I do use a full suit when I ride the twisties of the Texas Hill Country though.

Hill country you say? You mustn't be that far from me. Whereabouts in Tejas do you hail from? I'm in NW Harris county.

The GS will beat sports bike on some roads

I absolutely love eating up squids with sport bikes who think they know how to ride with my Suzuki Bandit 1200. Here's a shot of me that a friend of mine took with my Nikon D3100 and Tamron 70-300.

Gary%2520App%2520Gap_5.jpg

Nice! I really need to look into a more touring bike... Right now the 2014 Ninja 1000 has my eye. Don't get me wrong, I love my zx10r, but after 3+ hours I'm really starting to feel it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back