The Coffee House

So, it looks like they are going to use controlled explosives to break up the piece of bridge, sometime this weekend. I almost wish I could go watch; love watching stuff get blown up. :biglaugh:

Timeline: Dali to be refloated after explosives break apart wreckage

Me to and like a dumb### I missed the biggest one close to me in a hundred years. It was on the news that they were going to demolish the old local Alabama Power coal plant, but I forgot to put a reminder on my calendar. 🤬 I had a perfect spot to set up for the show

We had cloud cover, of course. It will be cloudy and rainy all weekend. I feel like Charlie Brown... I got a rock...
Same up here, and we have a much better chance at seeing them than you all in the south. But it's a moot point, since there's thick cloud cover. Not happening.

I'm grateful for last month's eclipse, because the same thing could easily have occurred - we've had a wet and rainy spring.

Gonna make some sandwiches and out bush for a couple of hours i think, and practice on some fungi. It's a really overcast morning but no more rain so gonna practice with this speedlight & flashlight.

Yep; it started raining a little while ago.

I ordered some acrylic ink and pen nibs; all I have found here is a C-3 Flat nib, used for calligraphy. I also ordered the charger fior the D750 batteries.

No northen Lights for me either. Went out to local hill..... total Manic traffic on a road that maybe 2 cars an hour was grid lock.. all stopped waiting to take our turn and two bleep bleep cars drove past all
last laugh thou they had to back up and by the time they had the que was 4 cars longer

I hope all the moms had a great day and for the sons and daughters, I hope you spoiled your mom yesterday!

My SIL and I and Princess and my mom had a great day shopping at the outlets in NH then a delicious lunch at my mom’s favorite, Longhorn Steakhouse. She really went all in with ribs AND a lobster tail. She’s tiny but she can really pack it in. I had the Parmesan grilled chicken which was yummy! We were all too stuffed for dessert.

IMG_7997.jpeg

A little funny to cheer up your week..

An Arizona Highway Patrol officer stops a Harley rider for traveling faster than the posted speed limit:
He asks the old biker his name.
“Fred.” He replies.
“Fred what?” The officer asks.
“Just Fred.” The old man responds.

The officer is in a good mood, thinks he might just give the old biker a break and write him out a warning instead of a ticket.
The officer then presses him for the last name.
The old man tells him that he used to have a last name, but lost it.

The officer thinks that he has a nut case on his hands but plays along with it.
“Tell me, Fred, how did you lose your last name?’
The old biker replies.
“It’s a long story, so stay with me. I was born Fred Johnson. I studied hard and got good grades. When I got older, I realized that I wanted to be a doctor. I went through college, medical school, internship, and residency, and finally got my degree, so I was Fred Johnson, MD.

After a while, I got bored being a doctor, so I decided to go back to school. Dentistry was my dream! I got all the way through school, got my degree, so then I was Fred Johnson, MD, DDS. I got bored doing dentistry, so I started fooling around with my assistant and she gave me VD, so now I was Fred Johnson, MD, DDS, with VD.

Well, the ADA found out about the VD, so they took away my DDS. Then I was Fred Johnson, MD, with VD. Then the AMA found out about the ADA taking away my DDS because of the VD, so they took away my MD leaving me as Fred Johnson with VD.

Then the VD took away my Johnson, so now I am Just Fred.”

The officer walked away in tears, laughing

I hope all the moms had a great day and for the sons and daughters, I hope you spoiled your mom yesterday!

My SIL and I and Princess and my mom had a great day shopping at the outlets in NH then a delicious lunch at my mom’s favorite, Longhorn Steakhouse. She really went all in with ribs AND a lobster tail. She’s tiny but she can really pack it in. I had the Parmesan grilled chicken which was yummy! We were all too stuffed for dessert.

View attachment 275123

She looks very happy! Glad she enjoyed her day.

My husband and I were ill so stayed home and slept. Youngest daughter had planned a surprise visit. Oh well another time. The oldest daughter dropped off supplies for us and flowers for me.

Most reactions

Back