'08/'09 Assignment- Snow -Due March 1st

Patm1313

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Snow, a very versatile subject. It can be the main focus of a shot, or just add personality. It can be extremely cliche, or it can be used in very interesting ways.

Depending on your location, you may have snow falling already or you may be a few months away from your first snow, so I'm setting a pretty far away due date for this assignment. Around here, the snow's about to fall.

Here's what I assign to you; use snow in a picture in a way you have never before. Don't be afraid to go outside of your comfort zone.

Have fun, and be creative!

Snowy_Barn_Sunset___BW_by_sideways_8.jpg

Snowy_Barn_HDR_by_sideways_8.jpg

Just some ... it's almost all gone now.

novcolours08.jpg

novcolours12.jpg

Damn...have to wait to see the pics. The website is being blocked here.

Here's one of my early into the snow season pics.

DSC_0439.JPG

Corrina I love your second shot that is just beautifully composed. Great job.
And everyone else on this thread. Way to go! I am freezing already! :lol:

Here are some shots from last year.

photoassignments005.jpg

DSCN0601.jpg

Woah, nice shots!

For me, the first snow has fallen, but I was just leaving town when it happened. So quite sadly, me and my camera were nowhere to be found.

I got a couple....

snow008.jpg

snow009.jpg

I cant wait to get back to Boulder to work on this one....
Winter is my favorite season, so much opportunity for so many different styles.

This shot was taken last year. it was the first heavy snow. Those are my dogs tracks, follow to find yellow snow...

marchsnow.jpg

Great shots everyone! You are doing great.
Black noise, Jk, and Jas, if I haven't done it before, Welcome to the forum and to the assignment threads! Its great to have you, and we look forward to seeing more of your shots!

Utah, your second shot is so beautiful. Simple yet stunning at the same time. Excellent!

p52455928-4.jpg

Taken with a 1957 Asahi Pentax with Takumar f/2.2 55mm, Fuji Reala 100 ASA, 1/100th of a second at f/16.

Seaain

Most reactions

Back