'08 Assignment- "Set in Stone" Due November 30th

The first one is on holiday in the US I stumbled across this and didn't have my tripod, I tried to lean against a tree and take a few shots, this was about the best one.

The other is some Scottish stone, had my tripod this time :)

2617126538_d8880d08bb.jpg

2925183300_f9b1ea1523.jpg

I had to do a bunch of cropping to get rid of some distractions I hope that is ok.

statue.jpg

The names of those, from Gwinnett County Georgia, who made the ultimate sacrifice in the War on Terror, "Set In Stone" :salute:.

IMG_0886_s.jpg

Translates to "Not for One, But for All"
Found in Douglas Mountain Park in Sebago Maine

A few from the grave yard:

large.jpg

large.jpg

Wow, You guys are doing great. I especially love the memorials, the waterfalls and this last photo. Fantastic job everyone.
Joves, beautiful colors.. Great job!

Here are some of mine.

DSCN0175.jpg

DSCN0181.jpg

DSCN0172.jpg

Its hard to tell from the picture but the tree that the water is flowing over is encased in a calcium build up on both ends holding it in place.

PA112379.jpg

John, 63 and dorm, great shots! John I love the sand sculpture. Those people amaze me. Talk about creative!

Ayuthaya, Thailand.

When you add a stone to a small pyramid by an ancient temple, like this one, the divinity of the temple will make your wish come true. I tried to capture the complicity of the boy and the girl, half kidding, half serious at making their wish together at sunset.

393922831_cqEeW-XL.jpg

Not the best picture, but thought this was really cool. I took this pic in the Roman Forum in Italy. It is Julius Caesar's tomb.

IMG_6457.jpg

Most reactions

Back