'08 Subject Assignment - SELF PORTRAIT - Due Aug 1st

johngpt - Thanks for sharing your story - I appreciate it. How did you do that shot?
It was set up pretty much as this one below which I shot this evening. Just the two cameras are reversed. In the one shooting the shadows, my Olympus was set up on a tripod, aimed at the door. My Canon was on a tripod aimed at the Olympus and the door. With the 12 second shutter delay, I'd press the shutter, scurry to the other camera, and wait.

In this shot below, the Canon was aimed at the hinge, and the Olympus was aimed at the Canon. Same shutter delay.

2688152958_6bd7c8b561.jpg

I've gotten spoiled by the Canon. I had to work on the above photo quite a bit to eradicate most of the noise.

And this photo below is what I was shooting with the Canon. It's titled: "Hairy Hinge."

2687338803_74a1913d14.jpg

Yeah, that is the EXACT position I am in when I get my funniest looks... like your first
photo there.... :lol:

Well, I appreciate that... but I am 40. I guess that is still pretty young though. Believe
you me, she is my favorite subject to shoot and she gets plenty of it. Was a little odd for
her to see the camera pointed at ME and not her. :lol:

My favorite looks are when I am all bent over taking pictures of something she can't even
see, running in and out of the house for different lenses and flashes. Heh.
Yep. My wife was walking in and out while I was shooting the above stuff. She doesn't even blink an eye anymore.

Thirty years ago she'd get a bit peeved at me when I'd ask her to go out into the distance (insert jungle, edge of cliff, etc) for "perspective."

Haha Yeah I get strange looks too, but I also get the verbal.. " Honey, you're taking pictures of yourself... AGAIN!!... You haven't changed much in 5 minutes.."
But what else am I going to shoot when my favorite subjects are asleep.. lol

Haha Yeah I get strange looks too, but I also get the verbal.. " Honey, you're taking pictures of yourself... AGAIN!!... You haven't changed much in 5 minutes.."
But what else am I going to shoot when my favorite subjects are asleep.. lol
Well...
...there is that kitchen utensil thread...

1:20 a.m. Tuesday, watching bad movies in the beanbag chair. It's an exciting time to be me.

selfportrait08.jpg

Step out from behind your camera and capture your good side!

Okay, here is something disturbing.

It's a self portrait.

2694747146_79ca599b38.jpg

Can you figure it out?

Most reactions

Back