1,000 Posts - and counting

I

Iron Flatline

Hi all.

This will be my 1,000th post. I've been a member of online communities since 1994, and have never found reason to contribute as much as I do here - while taking away even more. Thanks for having me, and allowing me such a good time. I've learned a lot, and really enjoy the people here.

Me, a couple of weeks ago in NY, feeling pretty happy for a change:

2007%2005%20New%20York%2008%20-%20in%20park%20playground.jpg

I'm really untethered right now - I've got some new investments, and I'm moving my whole family from LA to Berlin. All of this has put us int oa quasi-cultural blender - it's not really a problem, but we can't wait to be in our new house which won't be ready for another three months. The kids are fine, though they miss their friends and life in LA. My wife is supportive, but she's the one doing the bigger move - I'm simply returning home - so I need to help her and be there for her.

You don't realize how much routine there is in your life until you remove all of it. Every little thing, from going to the gym to getting a Latte becomes a new thing to deal with, esp. if you're doing it in a foreign language. :lol:

My photography is my release, but right now I'm just working off a crappy hyper-saturated laptop, and I don't dare process images because I have no idea what they actually look like. And that's IF I get a chance to even go out and shoot.

Anyway, thanks for having me here, I'm having a great time.

Every little thing, from going to the gym to getting a Latte becomes a new thing to deal with, esp. if you're doing it in a foreign language.

Yes, but in Europe we do it all properly ;)

It's nice to have you here - and that's from someone approaching 10,000 :lol:

bloody spammers!! :lol:

I do like my gym in Düsseldorf .... hmm housing in Berlin is REALLY cheap, compared to the rest of Germany :)

anyway, welcome back :)

What, going to the Gym? Nah, that's the ONE thing they do better in LA.

Going to the gymn is what we do properly.

Via the pub, have a few drinks, meet some friends... then forget all about it. And make it OK by deciding you'd look silly in a leotard and leg warmers anyway.
Maybe to-morrow...
:lmao:

Congrats, Iron Flatline, on the 1000 milestone. And thanks for the background info and photo...this place really is like a community and it's nice to know more about the people who really enjoy being here.

Congrats! We've been happy to have you! You are a wonderful part of this forum! Wish I coulda met ya at the NYC meetup!

Yeah, kinda bummed I missed the NY meet-up. Oh well, next time!

Come to Berlin to the European Blogger Meet-Ip - THAT will be crazy fun!

Most reactions

Back