1/16,000th sec? What for?

LWW said:
Ever see a pic of a plane as it breaks the sound barrier?

Yes, it's one of my rotating desktop pix:

F-18ASuperHornetXsoundBarrier.jpg

Hi, 1/16,000 is not necessarily a shutter speed that you might use but it may be a shutter speed you need to attain a certain exposure at a given aperture. For instance it is not unusual to have a shutter speed of 1/60th at F22 at ISO100 on a bright day but if for a shot you wanted to use your lens at its max say f1.4 then the shutter speed for the same exposure would be 1/16000. Even more difficult on some Nikons which have a low ISO of 200. Hope this helps, Chris.

Chris SWF said:
Hi, 1/16,000 is not necessarily a shutter speed that you might use but it may be a shutter speed you need to attain a certain exposure at a given aperture. For instance it is not unusual to have a shutter speed of 1/60th at F22 at ISO100 on a bright day but if for a shot you wanted to use your lens at its max say f1.4 then the shutter speed for the same exposure would be 1/16000. Even more difficult on some Nikons which have a low ISO of 200. Hope this helps, Chris.
That makes sense. Thanks, Chris.

W.Smith said:
Nope. Not 1/10,000,000th (of a sec) exposure.
The rapatronic camera has "an exposure time of as little as ten nanoseconds". That is 10 x 1,000,000th of a sec = 1/100,000th of a sec.

My apologies - I misread it and was reading how long after the blast the photo was taken.

toastydeath said:
My apologies - I misread it and was reading how long after the blast the photo was taken.
No apologies are in order here.
It's pretty quick in any math!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back