1 Kid

sarallyn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My little sister --
maybe a bit underexposed? I think her face/eye area is a bit too dark.

2818916088_2215ee9cea.jpg

Last edited:
isn't it something? it's just so... genuine. it's hard to explain.

I think I'm liking the grain with this one.

can i ask why? I think grain is an interesting element when your going for moody, but I feel like beach shots tend to want to be clean and fresh. I think you hsouldn't say you like the effect just because you happened to underexpose and then occur grain... it should be an artisitic decision.. not a coincidence. JMO though..

I don't think accidents should decide whether or not I like something. Whether or not I like something should decide whether I like something... if you get what I'm saying. :)

I usually like grain in my photos (most of mine have it -- especially my b/ws)-- I think it gives this one a certain crispness/film feel. I could get rid of it pretty easily in photoshop, but I like it. The before photo definitely had grain, too.

The thing I'm worried about is the white shirt -- it hurts to look at it. But I can fix that, too with some history brush.

Hmmm, not sure which version I'm seeing now, but to be honest, it doesn't look bad at all, exposure-wise. I'm not fussed about the boat in the background however; it's soft, but there's enough there and being white, I'm finding it competes with the girls clothes.

you're right, it does. would you suggest that I darken it?

The grain doesn't bother me, and the boat doesn't bother me. If I shot it, your sister would have been more towards the center of the frame. Now remember! That's if I shot it.:D

Most reactions

Back