1 or 2 or 4 portraits for a couple of DJs

Forkie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.ianforknall.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm relatively inexperienced in portraits and rarely post stuff for C&C, so I thought I'd swallow pride and take a beating :)

I used to be in a band with these two, but since we split up they've put themselves together as a DJ'ing duo and asked me to pop along to one of their practices and take a few portraits.

We went for "serious" poses as it suits their style and although their music is quite poppy and mainstream, they are well into their 30s, so "young" was not the aim. I took around 200 shots but on the first flip thorough, these were the stand out few.

I'm pretty happy with the lighting, not so sure of the pose with both of them - It's difficult to pose two guys together without it looking too boy band-ish. I really love the backlit one - that kind of happened by accident, but managed to refine it to it's current look, but failed to get any others after that which worked as well as this one.

It'd be interesting to know what you think of the lighting as well as the general feel of the shots and if I succeeded in preventing the boy band look.

Also, in case you're interested, you can hear them here: https://soundcloud.com/demigodsmusic

Gary & Daryl by Forkie, on Flickr
Gary by Forkie, on Flickr
Daryl by Forkie, on Flickr
Daryl Backlight by Forkie, on Flickr

Last edited:
That second guy's hair is making me laugh.

Your portraits are fine but they may have said they didnt want to act like they are young they are doing a good job of fooling me.

Most reactions

Back