(1) Rolling Shot Attempt

HailttRedskins

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just was attempting to do a rolling shot, I guess it's something like panning while moving? I really don't know what it would be called in all honesty so don't laugh at my ignorance please ;)

0008.jpg

Great execution! Although i think it could use some PP

Post processing.
And this is cute. You did not take it while you were driving yourself, now did you??? :raisedbrow:
Tsk-tsk-tsk. It is dangerous!

Ah okay gotcha, still getting use to everything as you can tell.

And of course I wasn't driving lol, I would never want to drop my DSLR ;)

If you are in a chase vehicle... there is no need to pan, Just make sure yall are going the same speed.

Yeah I knew that much, it's just what the shot would be called, I wasn't sure if it was called a pan, or if it is just in fact a regular shot and because of the speed gives it a blur.

Just was a bit confused it all.

Gotcha, Just a rolling shot.

Im in class right now so i dont have my exif viewer that i normally do at home, but what was the shutter speed?

Very cool shot! If it wasn't for the sun reflecting so brightly off of the front, and the reflection of the other vehicle wasn't there, I would almost expect this to be in a brochure. I really like the angle of the car. Not sure if you need to leave a little more room infront of the car maybe???

Gotcha, Just a rolling shot.

Im in class right now so i dont have my exif viewer that i normally do at home, but what was the shutter speed?

1/20

Casper I agree, at the area where I was taking pictures the lane he was in was ending so I wanted to snap a shot before he came over, I'm sure the polarizer could have fixed the sun, maybe even the car at the same time not sure, but I didn't even think, it was more of a take a shot type deal.

Try a shutter speed of about 1/60sec. You should still get the same amount of blur but keep the car sharper in focus.

Most reactions

Back