1 Shots out the BOX, EF 135mm f/2.0L USM!!!

AliasPros

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OK, now I know in the hands of a veteran these shots would have been phenomenal, but WOW let me tell you, there is something to be said about this lens! 135mm f/2.0L on my 5D MRKII and I am loving it... I can't believe how close I can get to things and still focus clean on them, I totally didn't expect that. This lens was worth every freakin' hard earned penny! Shoots so silky smooth. Here are my first shots with this beauty... No editing just straight pics uploaded and natural lighting. I know they could be better but I had this huge smile on my face when I was clicking off shots with this lens and had to post a few!!! :D

4348249142_72aa0940af.jpg

4347498135_20f6a0552c.jpg

4348241124_bf1d99f1c1.jpg

4348237840_468d6d35e2.jpg

4347575285_bd155a096c.jpg

Last edited:
Lucky you!:drool:Congrats on the new lens! ;)

Thanks, this one has put this biggest smile on my face:D. Been a while since I been this excited about a lens... I will see what she can do at indoor basket ball games along with my 15mm, 20mm, 50mm and 100mm prime lineup. I just wanted to get in a bit closer and I think she is gonna do the trick just fine!

So it appears the rumours are true - this lens is cursed!
And from what I can tell with the very same curse that the 300mm f2.8 IS L has!

Congrats :)

Cute shots. I love the lighting.

*activate Jedi mind-bending powers* For your next lens, you shall buy the Canon 100mm f2.8 macro, test it, hate it, and offer to give it to me. /turnoffpowers

So it appears the rumours are true - this lens is cursed!
And from what I can tell with the very same curse that the 300mm f2.8 IS L has!

Congrats :)

Oooohhh that's one I can't afford right now, gotta save up more money to blow on that one :drool:

*activate Jedi mind-bending powers* For your next lens, you shall buy the Canon 100mm f2.8 macro, test it, hate it, and offer to give it to me. /turnoffpowers

HAHA! Thanks for the compliment! LOL Been looking at that lens, but you gotta stop spending at some point! :(

Congrats on the new lens. It's a favorite for a lot of my friends and one that I plan to pick up eventually.

Congrats on the new lens. It's a favorite for a lot of my friends and one that I plan to pick up eventually.

I can see why, I will post some rookie pics with it this weekend I hope. I am doing videography for a wedding but I plan on subtly snapping away a few still pics, since I am gonna shoot coverage HD with my 5D MKII. I plan on using this 135mm 2.0L for the 5D MKII coverage angle and the 70-200mm 2.8L as the main video angle and a HD helmet cam mounted on the podium for some addition optional coverage. We will see how this HD style wedding goes, first one with 5D so I am kinda excited to see if it's legit for video! Hope it goes well... I will start a new threat once I edit some clips together.

Why this lens over my 100mm f/2.0 USM? Just curious sell me on it Felix... :er:

Because without it you're seriously at a disadvantage in cornering the beetle and fly portait markets! Even butterflies, whilst they look good for a full body shot, also like to have some more intimate and close up images of their faces - and without a macro you just can't get into that line of work.

;)

Because without it you're seriously at a disadvantage in cornering the beetle and fly portait markets! Even butterflies, whilst they look good for a full body shot, also like to have some more intimate and close up images of their faces - and without a macro you just can't get into that line of work.

;)

What you need is a 300mmF2.8L macro:lol:

:drool::drool::drool:

better macro and lightness are all the f4 version has over the f2.8 - add in the close focusing to the f2.8 and :mrgreen:

edit - next time get kenko AF tubes - far cheaper and you get way more tube length for your money. And still you would need, what, 100mm of tube length to get to full 1:1 macro (rought maths there) and using tubes you lose infinity focus too ;)

Most reactions

Back