100% Holland

&Denekamp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, Its me again..

Some classic sceneries, went for the purest 'Holland' look I could get. So we'll start of with one of Hollands trademarks, a windmill:

Windmill.jpg

Another classic scenery:
Landscape.jpg

The bridge I was standing on while taken the picture above ^^ :
Bruggetje.jpg

A reflection of myself in my bell while cycling:
Bel.jpg

Something that disturbes me most when photographing, powerlines.. It happens to me all the time. I found a nice location to make a phote, and there the are, popping up out of nowhere, powerlines! hundreds of them..! :angry1: Anyway, here's the pic:
HighVoltage.jpg

And some spiky leaves that for some reason caught my atention:
Hulst.jpg

Thats it for today I guess..

Feel free to critic!

Niels Denekamp

Hi Niels, and welcome to TPF! These are some nice photos that you are presenting - and I still have to check out your other thread up here!

Some are postcard motifs, like the windmill or the canal. The frame you chose is nice (someone will say again "LaFoto has frame envy", won't you, Meysha? ;)) - but I am not sure about the short DOF in the bridge pic. Not at all.

Don't we all share your big "powerline-frustration"?
I think, we do :er: :roll: ;) :D

And hey: in amongst all your "most Hollandic" views, I do miss fields of tulips! ;););)

I will print the first one as a post card~~ :mrgreen:
3 and 4 may need some focus??

100% good!
There is a definite feel to what you've posted so far. They all feel warm and welcoming. Somehow settling.
These ones seem a little soft as well. That's not a bad thing, I'm just wondering why that is. Intentional or a result of scanning?

Oooh, your boarders are cool as well. :thumbsup:

Neils, a friend of mine, another photographer, made the point that being active with a camera forces you to really LOOK at your surroundings. Apparently you are also a painter so I would be interested in finding out what effect introducing a camera into your life has on your paining.

Yes, the bridge DOF works against it and the bell picture is off to my eye, but the others you post are very nice. Cheers.

Thanks all for your comments :D

I'm glad you like them :) glad you like my borders too :wink:

I ordered these photo's to be printed and also to be put on a PhotoCD as they call it.. and I must say that the printed pictures are a tad sharper than the ones on the CD, so that'll be the reason for the softness I guess..

As far as the bridge goes, I wanted the focus to be on the chipped piece of wood.. but I guess failed.. and overdone it a little bit.. :blulsh2:

And the bell, I made that picture while cycling, and my camera refuses to focus on anything closer than 60cm from the lens, so I had to lean back a lot, kind of an uncomfortable position to be in.. but I guess I could have tried harder :)

Zeitgeist, I'm not really a painter.. the painting of the gravestone for my other tread will be like the 4th time I'll make a painting. I do draw a lot though. I do lots of product designs (wanna become an industrial designer :)) and I do some sceneries from time to time. But I have to say that now I've begon photography I look at things around me in a whole new way. I'm constantly looking for stuff that will make nice compositions, even when I don't have my camera on me. Its loads of fun :D

mentos, glad you like the frame..:er::p but how do you like the pictures..? Thats a bit more interesting to me :wink:

Niels

very nice images. i enjoy your work very much....keep posting!

Most reactions

Back