100-year-old photos found in antique camera!

Nice, thanks for sharing.

Seems unusual for someone to have stored prints in a camera, what an interesting slice of life from another era.

an interesting picture. through it, we can see another aspect of life in a different era

Who said its a different era. People are rediscovering film, collodion, and wet plate work daily! In fact, I read just the other day that the collodion process is experiencing a large resurgence as of lately.

That is really interesting because as you mention helps as get an image of how far we 've come and but also how far we can go! That is called evolution and sometimes it is difficult to get a clear image of the progress we have done...

I have the camera my Grandfather used starting 1n 1898. He took the photos with it and then used it as his enlarger to print the photos. I have two of his photo albums with prints made between 1898 and 1912. Most are still in good condition. I was able 20 years ago to find some of the locations and take shots from almost the same angles.

Fantastic stuff.
I love history and it's great to see a little snippet from the eyes of someone who was actually there.

Most reactions

Back