105 macro came in today

greybeard

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ordered it Sunday and it came today from Amazon. I could get spoiled really fast with this lens. Built like a tank and razor sharp so far. Other than the R1, what is a good Macro flash?

Attachments

• $Cactus2.small.jpg
    $Cactus2.small.jpg
    428.1 KB · Views: 155
  • $enery.small.jpg
    $enery.small.jpg
    597.8 KB · Views: 173
Great, now find some interesting subjects and show us what that baby can do!

I wish I had had it for the past month. I've been using a 55-200 with a Raynox 150 and it wasn't bad but I can tell just from the few shots I've done so far that this lens is a whole different level of resolution and contrast. I'm probably gonna use the Tokina 12-24, the Nikon 35mm 1.8 and the 105 macro as my walk around trio. I might sell the 18-105....the 55-200 is really quite descent

No cat picture to prove how sharp it is? :lol:
Congrats!

Great lens.. you will love it! Any flash will do... if diffused. I use an SB-900 a lot with one of the small on-flash 6x8 mini softboxes for a lot of my macro work. It helps to have a decent macro flash bracket that will allow you get the flash over the subject. I also like to use a Lastolite 9x9" softbox. If you remember some of the butterfly shots I posted last year, that was when Robin took this shot of me with the lastolite. I use the Kirk Enterprises Macro flash bracket in case you are interested.

$Charlie and Macro rig.jpg $!EYE-BF_DSC6236_hf.jpg

Last edited:
Great lens.. you will love it! Any flash will do... if diffused. I use an SB-900 a lot with one of the small on-flash 6x8 mini softboxes for a lot of my macro work. It helps to have a decent macro flash bracket that will allow you get the flash over the subject. I also like to use a Lastolite 9x9" softbox. If you remember some of the butterfly shots I posted last year, that was when Robin took this shot of me with the lastolite. I use the Kirk Enterprises Macro flash bracket in case you are interested.

View attachment 23831 View attachment 23832

Thanks, I'll look into a softbox for my sb700

Most reactions

Back