11:35

Who do you want at 11:35

• Total voters
Conan can take his masturbating dog/bear/whatever, and move to 3:00 AM - he's just not funny..

This, of course, is my own personal opinion...

Just a fun fact (if not for anyone else than me..) - I was Johnny Carsons bodyguard in 68' during the Tonight Show period.. Now, they call it 'security' but I was with him 10 straight hours at a time no matter where he went.... Had some great dinners at "Pepe's" with him, Doc, and Ed McMahon after the taping.. I was an Army Ranger just back from Nam' and guess thats' what qualified me... :confused: ..... who knows, but - it was fun..

r

Put Jay on in the afternoon, when all the seniors are waking up from their afternoon naps!

Conan can take his masturbating dog/bear/whatever, and move to 3:00 AM - he's just not funny..

Just a fun fact (if not for anyone else than me..) - I was Johnny Carsons bodyguard in 68' during the Tonight Show period.. Now, they call it 'security' but I was with him 10 straight hours at a time no matter where he went.... Had some great dinners at "Pepe's" with him, Doc, and Ed McMahon after the taping.. I was an Army Ranger just back from Nam' and guess thats' what qualified me... :confused: ..... who knows, but - it was fun..

r

Thats pretty cool. He was rumored to have been kind of mean off camera. Any truth to that?

r

Thats pretty cool. He was rumored to have been kind of mean off camera. Any truth to that?

Not 'mean', but more 'short/curt' than anything else... that can only be attrubited to him being very frightened in public. You wouldn't believe the number of threats he received ... for example one time we were leaving the studio and he got the door to the parking lot ahead of me (my fault) and there was a girl just standing there - - he almost fainted, and I'm not kidding! We got to the car and he was literally shaking.. Was a wonderful person though, and there was only one reason I only worked for him for about 10 months ..... a little thing called ... 'Rent'.. It certainly didn't pay well. :(

My claim to fame was that I had to literally throw a drunk off the stage and out of the studio ... it was Lee Marvin. He wasn't scheduled to be on the show, and he showed up backstage making a bunch of noise - out he went... :mrgreen:

r

r

Wow, Rick! That's amazing... I used to regularly watch Johnny's shows. He had the flair and what it takes to make you laugh. Too bad he's gone...

I also worked with Doc, being that I am a musician. He is in Mexico now, in San Miguel, still blowing his horn in his late 70s!

As for which of the two I would prefer? None! All of Jay's jokes are almost lewd in nature and Conan is as dry as the desert in Arizona. Not funny!...

Put Jay on in the afternoon, when all the seniors are waking up from their afternoon naps!

Now, now... :lol:

So we take more naps than you but we don't want to be stuck with Jay! :lmao:

Used to love Jay, but he's being a big freakin' baby imo. I've always loved Conan. He deserves to stay where he is.

I like both.

What I don't understand is, as I recall Leno retired from 11:35, and was offered a 10:00 show. So I'm not sure how he gets 11:35 again when he retired.

I prefer him to Obrian (sorry), but I don't understand his reasoning.

i'm with coco.

leno RETIRED from the tonight show. they gave him a 10:00 time slot because he whined so much! time to pass the torch, jay.

I really don't like either Conan or Leno.. Conan is funnier though, but he's just so weird in unexplainable ways and it ruins his stuff. Leno is just plain annoying.. Jimmy Kimmel should rule all of late night T.V. :thumbup:

r

That must have been a great gig! Thanks for your service to our Country too.

Neither........ been a Letterman fan for years.

Most reactions

Back