Sunset2.jpg

Ibus.jpg

Dragonfly.jpg

Lizard.jpg

Butterfly1.jpg

Flower.jpg

Dachshund3.jpg

Corvette.jpg

Made some minor changes to the ones above, mainly those that Abel suggested (thanks).

Newly Added:
Butterfly4.jpg

Camera:
Olympus Evolt E500
Zuiko 14-45mm and Zuiko 40-150mm

1. Very nice color. possible crop on the top and bottom; just a bit though.. I would like sort of a widescreen view...
2. Nice butterfly, could have been a tad sharper on the butterfly. Interesting depth of field.
3. Nice spider, same comments as 2.
4. Nice color on the sunset; could have avoided putting the sun dead center of the picture.
5. Nice composition on this one; a little dark in my opinion.
6. Excellent shot of the dragonfly! Great job on this one!
7. Nice lizard shot; looks like light trying to creep in at the top right. or maybe some distant objects?
8. Very nice butterfly! Might look different with cropping on the top, left and bottom.
9. Very nice color. Must have been getting dark out.
10. Nice candid of the dog! :)
11. Nice corvette shot. I think it might have looked better with a slight crop off the top.

Nice series. Hope I have helped a bit...

Thanks for all of the comments Abel, I'll definately take some time to tryout some of the changes you suggested. :thumbup:

And thanks Heck, I think I've been able to learn the basics of it pretty fast, although I should probably look into a couple of lessons sometime down the road.

your insect shots are really amazing! I love the colours and sharpness!

I've been pretty happy with my insect shots for the most part. I've had some instances where I'll take a bout half a dozen shots and thats all I'll need to get a sharp image that captures what I want. Other times, however, I've found that I can take a couple dozen photos of the same subject without being satisfied (but that is probably because I was using the 40-150mm lens instead of the one meant for close-ups). I'm going to be getting a 50mm macro lens soon, so hopefully that will produce better results :thumbup:

Just added a couple more photos. Keep the comments coming! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back