12 Feet from a wild red tail hawk!

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sandy has passed. Still no power but I managed to make it out this morning. The most challenging (and rewarding) aspect of bird photography is getting close to raptors. Today I succeeded and managed to get within 12 feet of this hawk. I spent at least 15 minutes laying on the ground watching him eat this rabbit... as always C&C welcome!

Uncropped!

RT Hawk - Rabbit for Breakfast by krisinct, on Flickr

Portrait of a Red Tail Hawk by krisinct, on Flickr

Red Tail Hawk by krisinct, on Flickr

Nice set of pictures. My favorite is the first one. IMO, the third one has too much empty space. But, that's what I think.

CC, great shots - I like the 2nd, 3rd and 6th ones best. I guess he didn't see you as competition for his dinner, either that or he was so hungry after Sandy that he just chose to ignore you. Do you have any shots of the entire bird and his prey? If so, these might be interesting to see.

WesternGuy

HOLY Shhhh!!! I'm always so jealous of you and wester guy. You both capture such amazing images!
For me these are WOW!!! Photos. Great job!

Gory, but superb.

Thank you everyone! Yup the circle of life can be gory... This was an amazing encounter for me...
@ Western, I have some full body shots, but they were sorta generic and nothing special.

Last one in the series, is the Hawk Blink

Red Tail Hawk Blinking by krisinct, on Flickr

Most reactions

Back