12 hour working day

magicmonkey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well I'm working 12 hours days at the moment, 2 weeks on then one week off and I can tell you that I really need that week off at the end. I'm currently at the end (ish) of week 2 and I haven't been able to get out with the camera for ages just because I've been so knackered, very, very annoyed!

Anyone else work horrible shifts or have reasons they can't get out with the camera most of the time?

Definitely, like working full time and also having 5 hours of commuting at least 2 and often 3 days a week. Weekends that seem to be largely taken up with my nearest and dearest either going out riding (Mrs Thomsk) while I stay at home and supervise homework, or being taken to her riding lesson, watched while she is there for an hour and a half and then being brought home (young Miss Thomsk). It really takes up two thirds of Saturday. Plus there's all the other domestic stuff.

I find that I can't just go out for an hour, I really need 3 hours and preferably more, which means that Sunday morning is about the only opportunity, and I manage about one in four Sundays when there isn't something else going on.

Of course this is entirely normal and I haven't really got anything else to complain about in my life, so I think I'm pretty fortunate.

i used to work ****ty shifts. used to work 10-11 hour days with no week off and that used to suck, i dont miss it one bit. good luck with it, and enjoy the week off.

well today is the last day of 12 hour shifts and pay day so I'll have money to go places with the camera throughout the whole of my week off, WAHEY!!!!! Actually been thinking about going to Scotland for a while si I might well head up there randomly, could be fun...

I work 24 hour shifts. Thur, Sat, Mon, and then four days off. I'm lucky and have a lot of time off but it seems like it only rains on my days off.

I try to get out a few times a week to shoot but my wife tends to leave me "to do" lists which get in the way.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back