12:O'Clock Sun

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
There's been some discussion about fill light, shooting in super hot overhead sunlight and I though I'd post this simple image I took of my wife yesterday while we walked around a high-school car show. It was taken, well look at the shadow!

17386_10200239451162162_1259047363_n.jpg

No fill light, no nada. I exposed for her face using spot meter on Aperture priority.

Were you wearing a light colored shirt? I bet you had some fill from that. Like when I do weddings. You can bounce light off a pillar, a wall, or a large guy in a white shirt.:)

no. I was wearing a black shirt and army green khakis. I was also 15' away with a 85mm f1.4 lens. No Fill. That's the point here, not how to cheat :D

no. I was wearing a black shirt and army green khakis. I was also 15' away with a 85mm f1.4 lens. No Fill. That's the point here, not how to cheat :D

That 85:1.4 is pretty fun huh?

Tyler! Yeah, it's my new goto for walk around portrait. The 70-200 is somewhat retired now. It does take a bit more skill shooting wide open and or towards the sun ;)

She's standing on an enormous reflector, albeit not a very good one.

Which detracts not at all from your point. You're aware of what the light's doing, and when it's doing something nice, press the button!

Tyler! Yeah, it's my new goto for walk around portrait. The 70-200 is somewhat retired now. It does take a bit more skill shooting wide open and or towards the sun ;)

Lock that shaz at f/2.

Sweet shot! This is one of those shots that reminds me that:

A) I have a lot to learn about photography
B) Its all about how you use the light to our advantage in how we set shots up

Thanks for sharing!

Isn't it interesting how you almost don't see the car in the background...:lol:

I am a lucky man, for sure. All the young girls that model for me are so excited to meet her, it's funny. Thanks for the props :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back