120 film

vintagecam94

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What is the best place to get 120 film for a reasonable price? And what are good places to get such film developed? It's possible I might be moving past 35 mm film but without he ability to developed myself currently, I need to know if it would be worth it now, or if I should wait until I can develop myself.

For film you may want to check out Freestyle, Adorama, B&H, and even Amazon has some competitive pricing depending on what you're looking to get. If you just want one or two rolls to try something first them probably your local camera store will be ok, when the shipping charges are factored in.

As for developing, check with your local camera store for suggestions and look around for pro labs in your area. You may also see if a photo buddy would develop for you or let you develop w/their equipment for the first pass or two.

I usually get medium format film from B&H, they're pretty reasonable.

Some people don't know this, but you can take 120 film to Wal Mart to have it sent off to be developed. They do both Color and black and white. Color is around 2 or 3 dollars for 1 set of prints, with black and white a little more expensive at around 8 dollars.

Wal Mart developed some TMax 400 for me, and i was pretty happy with the results.

Why can't u develop yourself, what required ability are u lacking?B+w home development cost 25-50 cents per roll, and scanners can be bought online for $100 or less.

Why can't u develop yourself, what required ability are u lacking?B+w home development cost 25-50 cents per roll, and scanners can be bought online for $100 or less.

Who knows, maybe vintagecam94 is in the same boat as me, haha.

I'm only seventeen and live in my parents house, so I don't exactly have darkroom access. However I figure Wal Mart will work good enough for me until I have the knowledge and room to do it.

It takes practically no knowledge. If you're using a manual camera you're smart enough to develop at home. Read into it.

Cheapest film I buy is Shanghai GP3. Find it on eBay.

I've watched a couple tutorials on developing black and white 120, but I haven't really tried it. I think I could do it though.

You dont need a darkroom to develop film! That's only needed for making prints, which a scanner can take the place of.Developing a roll of b/w film at home = 25-50 cents per roll for the chemicals along with a one-time startup cost of around $50.

Most reactions

Back