$1200 For Nikon prosumer lvl body and lenses what should I buy?

So I ended up buying the D7000 w/18-105mm kit New, a 50mm 1.8d, a Bower Battery Grip from Amazon Warehouse for $60 repackaged, and a Vivitar DF-286 flash.

Total including shipping was $1360

Thanks for all the feedback help and suggestions as well as all the time spent answering questions.

Finally lol

I have seriously spent the past few days re-reading this thread, the conversations on FB I have had with all my photog friends, and researching lenses. I finally came to the conclusion the 50mm 1.8 was a long term addition I would want anyway and the 18-105 does enough now so I know what to save for and focus on purchasing next. I should have the camera by Monday and I am super excited to start applying everything I have been reading up on and learning.

So....I ended up purchasing the Sony a77 yesterday :) love the way it feels in my hands & its features!

So....I ended up purchasing the Sony a77 yesterday :) love the way it feels in my hands & its features!

Way to stir sh1t up in the Nikon forum! ;)
Enjoy the new camera. I'm sure it's great!

Thank you! :) nothing against Nikon or Canon, it was just the camera for me :)

I was seriously considering getting one of them, it was just a little too pricey and the glowing recommendations of the D7000 swung it for me.

Yes it is, now I just need to save up for the awesome glass it deserves. :)

I looked at those quite a bit the limited lens selection and cost of accessories along with the fact none of my friends shooting sony so no lens borrowing or playing with was one of my big deciding points.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back