13 year old seeks C&C for Italian photos

Crimsona

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.thekirja.webs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wow that title was bad. Probably drove a lot of people away - but now if you are reading this then at least you know what to expect.

These are some photos that I took while on holiday in Italy. I'm looking for harsh c&c, just because I'm 'young' doesn't mean I don't want honesty - I want to improve, I want to become a professional wildlife photographer one day. Smash these the pieces, tare them apart and please give me detailed advice on how to make them better. But also please tell me what you like about them as well.

My editing is limited due to the fact that I've used Photobucket to edit them - I don't have photoshop and GIMP is just annoying me at the moment so I choose to avoid it as much as possible.

1 - Italian Pigeons
DSCF1233-1.jpg

2 - Roses and Cement Mixer (my second attempt at 'colour splash')
DSCF1260-1.jpg

3 -Drummers
DSCF1344-1.jpg

((More being added))

#2...the selective coloring could work if the flowers were better exposed/more in frame. The editing on #3 seems harsh to my eyes, but i love the capture.

You should be aware of all the objects in the scene. Cutting off heads does not complement the image.
Do not rely on filter/digital affects to improve an image.
It might have been better to concentrate on one or two of the pigeons ... or a wider view.

The effects again.
Even with the selective colouring ... I am still pulled away to the background.
When taking the shot, make sure you look at the entire scene before pressing that shutter button.

Ok, the last is not bad for photojournalism ... without the retro colour effect.
You captured a moment.
Watchout about cutting things out of the shot ... like the drummers stick.
Need to crop out the spectators on the left and right.

Kudos for knowing what you want to do, and for working towards that goal!

I suggest that you don't worry too much about any post-processing right now, get your basic camera skills polished up first. The better the original photo is, the less work you have to do in post :)

First thing you're going to want to study is composition, take a look at this website to get started: 10 Top Photography Composition Rules | Photography Mad

Looking forward to seeing your next photos!

Thank you so much, all of you.

Thank you BlackSheep for the links, I will have a look - I'm hoping to improve as much as possible! :)

I like them! Again, us young'uns can't be judged by our age (I'm just 15) and I hope you follow your dream to become a wildlife photographer. But one thing: what camera/lens do you have?

Great job! One thing I'd say is watch the selective coloring because there are parts of the flowers that are still in gray and I also agree that the background pulls your attention... maybe too much sky??? I dunno but keep shooting :)

These were taken with my Dad's camera, so I'm not actually sure. >.< I think it was a Fuji Film...

Oh and thank you for the other link, BlackSheep.

About that selective colouring - you're absolutely right. *is lazy and can't be bothered to correct it* I know, I know... not the right attitude. >.<

Most reactions

New Topics

Back