150$ to spend..

Anyone have any info. on the best place to order from.. cheapest price? I wish I was still a student!!
I get all of mine for free. ;P
Buy new and not from ebay.... Adobe is a stickler with registration.
Really? I never had a problem getting around that.
Hopefully you aren't bragging that you are using stolen (pirated) software.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/faq.php
* We do not condone the sharing of illegally acquired software, nor do we tolerate discussions regarding the distribution of same. Such posts will be removed or edited.

So you're saying your friends are violating Adobe's EULA?

And how do you 'get around' Adobe's registration requirements?

So you're saying your friends are violating Adobe's EULA?

And how do you 'get around' Adobe's registration requirements?
I should have worded that better. What I should have said was I don't have a problem registering, I never found Adobe's registration to be any different than any other company's.

Garbage in, garbage out. LR, PS PSE et al are great and I would recommend them, but you need to be able to produce good quality images to work from. Investing in an external flash and learning how to use it well will at least give you top quality images from which to start. LR is not going to make a poorly illumnated, or motion blurred image look better.

Consider this: http://www.amazon.com/Yongnuo-YN-560-Speedlight-Flash-Nikon/dp/B0079M711S

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Garbage in, garbage out. LR, PS PSE et al are great and I would recommend them, but you need to be able to produce good quality images to work from. Investing in an external flash and learning how to use it well will at least give you top quality images from which to start. LR is not going to make a poorly illumnated, or motion blurred image look better.

Consider this: Amazon.com: Yongnuo YN-560 II Speedlight Flash for Canon and Nikon. GN58.: Camera & Photo

i would agree to that. i'm no pro nor expert. But if I have limited funds, I'd invest in a speedlite maybe the YN 560ex which has TTL capabilities too since we are talking about a $150 budget. This is not saying the YN 560 is bad, but having TTL is convenient especially if you're asking somone else to take a snapsnhot using your camera. For $75, the YN560 is a good manual flash. A cheaper alternative is the Neewer/Godox Tt560 at $40.

Also, there are software options that can meet most novices' requirements that are free. One is the software included with camera. They may be basic but can be pretty decent and can handle raw files. Another is GIMP which is freeware but has a steeper learning curve. And there are also online editors too. For quick retouches, the built-in editing software in Windows or Mac can do the trick. Once you really improve your photography skills, then it is time to really invest in software. But for the meantime, the alternatives can suffice.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
LR4 <---the bomb-diggity
icon10.gif

i would agree to that. i'm no pro nor expert. But if I have limited funds, I'd invest in a speedlite maybe the YN 560ex which has TTL capabilities too since we are talking about a $150 budget. This is not saying the YN 560 is bad, but having TTL is convenient especially if you're asking somone else to take a snapsnhot using your camera. For $75, the YN560 is a good manual flash. A cheaper alternative is the Neewer/Godox Tt560 at $40.

Also, there are software options that can meet most novices' requirements that are free. One is the software included with camera. They may be basic but can be pretty decent and can handle raw files. Another is GIMP which is freeware but has a steeper learning curve. And there are also online editors too. For quick retouches, the built-in editing software in Windows or Mac can do the trick. Once you really improve your photography skills, then it is time to really invest in software. But for the meantime, the alternatives can suffice.
This! ...........Well put.

I am fully aware of torrents. No thanks! I like to be legal, that's just how I roll! I found LR with one license online for about 80$ I might be able to fit in a flash.

I am fully aware of torrents. No thanks! I like to be legal, that's just how I roll! I found LR with one license online for about 80$ I might be able to fit in a flash.
That's a pretty good price actually from what I've seen.

That's a pretty good price actually from what I've seen.

Well if that's the case you'll have some money left for a Yong Nuo YN560. Well maybe add around five to ten bucks. Or get the Neewer TT560. The Bower 728 is similarly priced to the Neewer but TTL capable if manual daunts you. Make sure you get one for deisgned for your camera make. And in time you can really save up to an OEM speedlite.

Well if that's the case you'll have some money left for a Yong Nuo YN560. Well maybe add around five to ten bucks. Or get the Neewer TT560. The Bower 728 is similarly priced to the Neewer but TTL capable if manual daunts you. Make sure you get one for deisgned for your camera make. And in time you can really save up to an OEM speedlite.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I will look into those! Yeah, I think I will do that! Thanks! Now.. I just have to look into flashes.. Hmmm..

Somehow I don't think that's a problem.

It is if your broke like me and your desktop runs windows 98 lol
lol Well no offense but you're in the vast minority. That's why I said that. But yes, for you that is a problem. lol Unless you're happy with Windows 98.

Lol no I hate it. Im saving to buy a new computer tho. Just blew my stash on a new DSLR last week so a little more saving and ill have a new computer too.

It is if your broke like me and your desktop runs windows 98 lol
lol Well no offense but you're in the vast minority. That's why I said that. But yes, for you that is a problem. lol Unless you're happy with Windows 98.

Lol no I hate it. Im saving to buy a new computer tho. Just blew my stash on a new DSLR last week so a little more saving and ill have a new computer too.
Well luckily new computers aren't that expensive these days. Shouldn't take you too long.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back