Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhm, forgot to mention..... cute pooch!

I'm using it in the professional manner.

Uhhhh...no you weren't. You thought it was a clever device to get people to look at your thread.

Nice doggy, though.

Jon

That's a neapolitan mastiff? sorry if I seem doubtful, but it looks nothing like the neapolitans I've seen before...not near enough folds in the skin and the head doesn't look big enough. How old is she?

BTW, the second I saw the thread title I assumed it was about female dogs. Just my two cents!

Yeah, I've said the same thing, yet we paid $2000 for her from a breeder, so she's 100% Neo... And I've made sure of that.... A little less droopy, but also a little lighter in the wallet to have things like pink eye remedied...

Uhhhh...no you weren't. You thought it was a clever device to get people to look at your thread.

I totally agree and this isn't the first time he's done it.

Um.. "Jon".. Are you serious? Speaking of thread titles.. That's about the gayest way I've ever seen it spelled... I'd be petitioning the local court to change it to John before the next full moon if I were you...

Now who's not being an adult? Who over the age of 13 uses 'gay' as an insult?

I don't have any problem with the thread title.

....and for those of us who function as adults.....

....If we're being adults...

However, I'm having trouble reconciling that quote excerpt with this one:

Um.. "Jon".. Are you serious? Speaking of thread titles.. That's about the gayest way I've ever seen it spelled... I'd be petitioning the local court to change it to John before the next full moon if I were you...

1) Jon is typically short for Jonathan. But it could be short for Jonthefairyprincess and it still wouldn't be any of your concern, would it?

2) Using "gay" as an insult is offensive, juvenile, probably against the forum terms of use, and likely in blatant disregard of what your momma tried to teach you once upon a time.

I will take it at face value that you believe the word ***** means nothing but female dog. Please understand that there is two other meanings in modern English slang - one a derogatory word for human females, and the other as a verb when complaining excessively. The latter is not unheard of amongst photographers griping about their gear. I guess if a man called your daughter a ***** it would be the same as calling her a tigress or a mare or a sow... just random animal names with no anthropomorphic characterization whatsoever...

Now maybe you only know one kind of meaning because you spend a lot of time on dog owner forums. And maybe "gay" and "idiot" are acceptable ways for people to talk to one another in a community where ***** only has one meaning.

But here all three words come front-loaded, and calling a person any of those words is unacceptable. An apology to Jon_are is in order.

The picture is interesting because the fences create distinct layers, and the bokeh helps to further accentuate those distinctions. The image is hampered by the uninvolved pose of the dog. A case for creative merit might be made if this was part of a larger body of work that deals with subjects being intercepted by human barriers (for instance) or some other repeated theme, but as a stand-alone image it comes across a snapshot.

I agree with the above members.

You posted this thread knowing that the title has a double meaning (i mean who doesn't, its not like your educating us) and then get offended and abusive when someone points out what your obvious intentions were.

I'm fairly sure this should be your last warning... am i wrong?
You know we've banned people for less... sort it out.

You're obviously an idiot, and, yes I was...

The word ***** refers to the female dog, and for those of us who function as adults, the title is perfectly fitting...

The title of the thread is absolutely descriptive of the content.. If we're being adults...

It's been awhile, but I just peeked to reaffirm the reason I put you on my ignore list. Done.

Stsinner,

The biggest problem with the photo is the foreground fence; It becomes a visual barrier between the viewer and the subject, and the juxtaposition of the vertical post with the dog’s front legs is really unfortunate. The fence in the rear does the image no favors, either.

The horizon seems tilted to the right (based on the yellow building and the foreground fence); I’d straighten that out. I like the shallow DOF. The dog should have been shot more from the front, though, to show his personality more (personal opinion). Also, the ear flopping up over his head just doesn’t look right (again, PO). Finally, the tree on the right should have been cropped out. It looks as if no thought whatsoever was given to the composition.

Basically, just a snapshot.

Jon

I am going to buy into this because this is common across every photography forum on the internet. I garuntee most of the males on here wanted to see something raunchy or racy, I know that's the first thought that came to my mind. So I open the post and see a snapshot of a dog. I don't care for the image, but the poster got you looking. 400+ views in 48hrs!
This whole post then turned well away from the original intent (and I'm still not sure what that is) and went down a road that it really didn't deserve to. Reply #2 was the trigger. We are now into a discussion about peoples rights on comments and what can and can't be said. The poster has been exposed! Tell you what, for those who consider him offensive, ignore him with your little button, I find it hillarious, because in the marketing world, this is a brilliant tactic and unless until there is popular momentum, it flies. How many of you watch Family Guy at 5:30 and laugh your ass off? I bet not one time you think about calling the FCC with a complaint!
I am offering a constructive answer to those who felt the need to stand up and comment to the poster. My comment is, don't create a mountain out of a mole hill. Your comments (as you have every right to make) are provoking and intentional to start something it's not. It went to a point where a moderator stepped in and made a final banning comment. I am willing to bet there has been several moderators view this before Arch and not a comment was made. With back and forth verbal confrontation, this ended up being a trash talking post.

I am not encouraging the poster and I am not attacking the members who replied, I am saying that this ended up being something it shouldn't. If you picked up this post and read it from last post to first, you can see the escalation. Common internet forum stuff. It won't stop, but you have the power not to see, use it.

I will take it at face value that you believe the word ***** means nothing but female dog. Please understand that there is two other meanings in modern English slang - one a derogatory word for human females, and the other as a verb when complaining excessively. The latter is not unheard of amongst photographers griping about their gear. I guess if a man called your daughter a ***** it would be the same as calling her a tigress or a mare or a sow... just random animal names with no anthropomorphic characterization whatsoever...

Now maybe you only know one kind of meaning because you spend a lot of time on dog owner forums. And maybe "gay" and "idiot" are acceptable ways for people to talk to one another in a community where ***** only has one meaning.

But here all three words come front-loaded, and calling a person any of those words is unacceptable. An apology to Jon_are is in order.

The picture is interesting because the fences create distinct layers, and the bokeh helps to further accentuate those distinctions. The image is hampered by the uninvolved pose of the dog. A case for creative merit might be made if this was part of a larger body of work that deals with subjects being intercepted by human barriers (for instance) or some other repeated theme, but as a stand-alone image it comes across a snapshot.

Thanks for getting what I thought was so interesting about it! She is not nearly as big as that picture suggests! I didn't see the illusion in the viewfinder, but when I loaded it on the computer I liked it!

Last edited:
I deleted that offensive post.. That was out of line. Sorry, Jon. woke up with a cooler head.

However, part of me thinks that Arch should have squashed the whiners early on, instead of letting it escalate, as Blank pointed out. I didn't ask for critique on my thread title creativity.

Last edited:
It's been awhile, but I just peeked to reaffirm the reason I put you on my ignore list. Done.

Nice time to check.. You caught a doozy!! See you next time you check!

I am willing to bet there has been several moderators view this before Arch and not a comment was made. With back and forth verbal confrontation, this ended up being a trash talking post.

Wrong if ANY of the mods saw a member calling another 'Gay' because they didn't like what they said they would have stepped in.

FYI, i love Family Guy, but that is just a cop out im affraid... the old 'well they say it on Family Guy' arguement..... the difference is this is a forum for all ages and backgrounds and we don't allow personal attacks, period.

However, part of me thinks that Arch should have squashed the whiners early on, instead of letting it escalate, as Blank pointed out. I didn't ask for critique on my thread title creativity.

You obviously don't get it....
it wasn't the '*****' word.... it was the 'Your name is gay' comment, thats why i mentioned banning... and i only mentioned it here because pming you or giving you infractions obviously isn't working anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back