18-55mm lens

mickmoonie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey, looking for recommendations for a cheap 18-55mm lens for my D80, will only be used on rare occasions so has to be 'cheap as chips' to justify getting one. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

I picked up an decent 18-55 kit lens from KEH for about $85 a while back.

You should be able to pick up a reliable one from KEH, Adorama or B&H Used departments for $80-$90. It is a standard kit lens. There is usually a reason one is priced "cheap as chips" and its usually not good. I have one but I sometimes use it as a knock around lens.

You might post in the Buy Sell section below. Someone may have one they will part with.

Hey, looking for recommendations for a cheap 18-55mm lens for my D80, will only be used on rare occasions so has to be 'cheap as chips' to justify getting one.
They are cheap! I don't know how accessible the used gear market is where you are, but I get stuff from Japan in the mail. Shop around in the internet, particularly e-bay. Pay attention to the average prices, and look for a clean, well-cared-for example.

nikon 18-55mm lens | eBay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Or if you don't need VR, the older 18-70, for a bit more zoom range.

Be careful, I there are several versions of the 18-55 lens, the most recent being the AF-P version which will probably NOT work on your D80.

Or if you don't need VR, the older 18-70, for a bit more zoom range.

Be careful, I there are several versions of the 18-55 lens, the most recent being the AF-P version which will probably NOT work on your D80.

Yes I think the AF-S is the way to go

Or if you don't need VR, the older 18-70,
^^This!^^ IMO, the best consumer-grade kit lens Nikon ever put out. Build-quality is about what you'd expect, but optically it's an outstanding performer! Definitely what I'd go for over the 18-55.

Prob not bother as all the ones I've seen don't justify the price for the use it would get, thanks for the advice tho'

Great more money=me spending more money. If this is your hobby/profession and you don't understand that I don't know what to tell you.

Most reactions

Back