18-55mm VR lens issue - blur when using zoom

srinit9

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

From yesterday onwards, it is giving the problem. If I use the lens without zoom then it is taking clear picture. But when I use the zoom then it is giving the blur picture(no clarity). When I use other lens 55-200mm, everything works fine.

Is there any problem with 18-55mm? Please advice me.

Thanks
Sri

What do you exactly mean by "without zoom" ? Do you mean the image is clear at 18mm ... and the image appears out of focus in any other focal length ?

What do you exactly mean by "without zoom" ? Do you mean the image is clear at 18mm ... and the image appears out of focus in any other focal length ?

Yes, clear at 18mm. If use more mm then it is becoming blur even in auto mode. Not sure, it got some issue.

Can you manually focus and get a clear image (at the longer focal lengths) ?

Is autofocus turned off (there is an A / M switch on the lens for "Auto" and "Manual") or are you trying to use a very wide aperture (low numbers=wide aperture) or low shutter speed? At 18mm wider apertures have more depth of field so you may be seeing a depth of field issue, although at even 55mm you should have DOF.

I am new to the lens. I have 2 lenses but I never change the focus manually. Just using the zoom and then automatically it is giving clear pic in 'Auto' mode. Now it is not working for 1 lens(18mm-55mm). How can I test that?

Got it now. Sorry for the dumb question. SCraig, thanks for the light. yes, the switch is set to Manual and now I put it back to Auto. Now everything is fine. Thanks alot guys, I appreciate your help.

One more silly question. I went to haunted house hayride. In the dark, the picture taking button didn't work for 5min. Not sure, what happened. I thought, it got trouble in the ride or it may be too dark to use. But after 5 minutes when I came back to the lighting area on the ground, it started working. I could able to take the pictures and the button is working. Is there logic in this? lol..

I suspect that it had nothing to do with 5 minutes. When there is not enough light for the autofocus to work properly the camera will disable the shutter release. You can get around that by switching to manual focus and focusing manually.

Yup, that might be the reason. After I came back to lighting then only I could able to use it. So next time I have to try focusing manually in low light. Thanks.

Most reactions

Back