1955 Kalimar Model A with flash

joelhead

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So my grand father recently passed away and I came across this camera it still had some original film with it that has never been used. I know that the pictures arent that great of it but i was in a hurry. Let me kno what you think of it.

DSC_7577.jpg

DSC_7583.jpg

DSC_7556.jpg

DSC_7559.jpg

Neat find. I would hang on to it for sentimental value. Pretty cool to see those old film canisters, too...I haven't seen one of those in a LONG time.

Made in Japan in 1950, the Kalimar A was a popular model there for a while. Simple to operate, no range finder.

Value today? More of a sentimental kind. Money wise, is worth anywhere between $10 and $25, depending on the condition.

Nice find, though... Seems to be in good shape. You might make a few more bucks selling the old films/chromes. Some are very collectible. ;)

Looks like a perfect little outfit I would drool over. I like how little it looks, and those old flashes that looked like satellite dishes with a one time use bulb, and especially like the metal film canisters. If you shoot with it, I am sure it would strike up conversations.

really cool, i think you should run a roll of that film through it and see what comes out, looks really good though, i like it, sorry to hear about your grandpa though.

Wow! This brings back memories. I remember shooting Dynacolor and Dynachrome when in high school. Leo ran the Troy camera shop and he would sell me a dozen flash bulbs at $0.25/dozen. That flash attachment would use the small bayonet base, on I believe #5 bulbs, and AG-22's.

Now to photoshop out the grey ...

Most reactions

Back