1967 beetle sunset/night shots

valvecovergasket

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
had an opportunity to head out last night and practice taking some pictures of my friends beetle...and it finally stopped raining for a day.

i apologize in advance for it being so pic intensive...but i had quite a few shots i wanted to get some experienced input on (as im still definetly new to all this!)

the one thing i know off the bat is lowering the ISO for next time...these were all shot on ISO 100, and i think im gonna try 80 next time (as low as my camera goes..) and well see what happens, as some of the grainyness really throws off a few of the shots.

at any rate...the pictures:

pc1802402cx7.jpg

pc1802512py2.jpg

pc1802622oh6.jpg

pc1803172nt7.jpg

pc1802932zi5.jpg

pc1803112sa8.jpg

pc1802652rz0.jpg

pc1803442er4.jpg

pc1803682ay3.jpg

pc1802442cu8.jpg

pc1803332by8.jpg

pc1802422zk1.jpg

pc1803683sx6.jpg

pc1802812he5.jpg

thoughts/comments/suggestions definetly welcome!

:drool: :drool: Don't ask me if the light is good, or the compositon or...I'm just drooling over that car. I had to sell my own beetle ('72) not too long ago, so seeing these pics really make my day! THANX!

pascal

ive been looking at getting one myself for a while...but just cant break myself of my watercooled vw habit :wink:

also, i think the classic shape of these things just makes them easier to photograph. i think theyre just interesting to look at from almost any angle.

Some nice images here!

I like the first and the second to last. Some of the lights seem to reflect off the paint a bit too much, which I think takes away from the chrome because EVERYTHING is reflecting, not just chrome. What a fantastic car!

One other thing, if you could number your images next time so we can say "Number 3 is fantastic!" or "Gratz on 6!" Thankies!

I remember when these things were as common as stop signs, or no...wait, Macdonalds signs. Now I see so few in that condition. You've captured that old girl well...Good stuff!

renumbered!

thanks for the comments guys.

any ideas on how to tweak the glare so i get more off the chrome and less off the whole car (he just cleaned it up before we left, so that didnt help matters much haha)

Very cool shots. Gotta dig this car tho.

I like the ones with the beetle in the sunset. I am a HUGE fan of bettles. I want to own one someday but I want an older convertible to drive around during the summer!!!!! Its a dream but it might never happen.

Most reactions

Back