1972 canon camera for sale

tt74rocky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
The camera is in very very good condition, not even a scratch. Stored in a leather case protector.

img0011tk.jpg

It was my father's, he bought it in 1972.

The model is "Canonet QL17" or "G-III QL", I'm not sure.

It uses original "photographic films" (english is my second language so I'm not sure its the right term).

40mm 1:17 is written on the lens.

It still has its base mercury battery.

I can provide more pictures if needed.

Feel free to post your offer.

Thanks alot.

Last edited:
Anyone interested ?

Or can you tell me where I should sell?

Thank you?

What condition is this camera in? Does it accept normal 1.5v batteries or the old mercury style?

What condition is this camera in? Does it accept normal 1.5v batteries or the old mercury style?

The camera is in very good condition. Not even a scratch.

It was stored in a leather case ;)

I tried to open it to find what kind of battery it uses but didnt find how, I'll try again tomorrow!

LMK if you need more info!

Thanks for the reply

Last edited:
After some searching I found that the QL17 comes with a mercury battery. It hasnt been modified so it still has the same battery in.

I'll edit my first post!

Unfortunately you will not get much $ for this camera. It was manufactured in the millions and is a common find at yard sales for a couple bucks. I suggest you keep it in you curio cabinet as a little piece of family history.

I would try more along the lines of an auction. I did some (not a lot but a little) research for you, I have seen this camera go onto an auction for well over 450 dollars. If you are looking for a lot of money out of this product I would try it that way. Hope it helps.

ill take it if you pay for shipping :)

Most reactions

Back