1D mk2 ?

Robin Usagani

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I saw one on CL for $740. What do you guys think? I was saving up for 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS but maybe I should jump on this? I want to do wedding photography.

You will need another body (so that you have at least two) if you want to get into wedding photography, but the 70-200mm F2.8 L IS, is very very useful for weddings.

I'd continue to save for the lens, and if you are looking for used bodies, maybe keep your eyes open for a 5D.

They're (a lot) cheaper on KEH. I was looking into them not long ago... I think I might still get one.

Ya Schwetty...

Get a 70-200 2.8 IS (mk I or II)

Getting one changed my world man. Its such a useful focal length, and they are sharp, sharp, sharp!

You will need another body (so that you have at least two) if you want to get into wedding photography, but the 70-200mm F2.8 L IS, is very very useful for weddings.

I'd continue to save for the lens, and if you are looking for used bodies, maybe keep your eyes open for a 5D.

Everytime I see a 5D on CL they want about $1200

Everytime I see a 5D on CL they want about $1200

LOL yeah people are nuts. I saw a D80 with 18-55 kit lens asking 1100 for it... I about fell out of my chair laughing.....

I routinely see FILM rebels, with a 'kit' lens or two, in my local classifieds, for $200 to $300. Now those people are crazy.

I routinely see FILM rebels, with a 'kit' lens or two, in my local classifieds, for $200 to $300. Now those people are crazy.

right?

i LOVE being the asshole that posts a RE: ad calling them out on it and linking to what their **** is really worth.
often i get a "thanks for calling him out" email. :D

for some reason i feel responsible for helping the morons who refuse to research. :confused:

We have a classified paper type thing that goes out every Thursday at work... I see the same thing in there sometimes too. :lol:

Or 300Ds and 350Ds with kit lens for like $600... Yup, still worth what you paid for it, lol.

There are occasionally great deals in there though. Like a Nikon N65 with kit lens for $30 I saw a month or two ago. I should have bought it ... even though I don't have anything Nikon...

The 1D-II is still a very,very fine camera body. Many are still in use. I'd worry though that it might have a lot of clicks on it, if it has been owned by a working professional shooter. Good autofocusing, great handling, excellent viewfinder.

i LOVE being the asshole that posts a RE: ad calling them out on it and linking to what their **** is really worth.
often i get a "thanks for calling him out" email. :D

for some reason i feel responsible for helping the morons who refuse to research. :confused:
Why? Those are the same people that have never read a users manual. :lmao:

You're not actually helping them, all you're doing is enabeling them and robbing them of the opportunity to learn from their mistakes. :lmao:

Most reactions

Back