1Ds mkIII

lkavaney

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Canon-1Ds-Mark-III-Digital/dp/B000V5LX00/[/ame] due to be released december according to amazon and sports a rather nice price tag of $8k

some of that spec doesn't sound right...

5 fps at shutter speeds 1/500 second or faster
that make very little sense to me, since when do you need fast shutter speeds for 5fps? My 1D mkII can handle 8.5 fps at speeds of 30th of a second

Sensor type: Full-frame CMOS sensor, with primary R-G-B filtration (28 x 18.7 millimeters)

that's a 1.3 crop sensor size!!

Advanced Autofocus Technology
The EOS-1Ds Mark III autofocus system--first introduced earlier in 2007 on the EOS-1D Mark III Digital SLR--has 45 AF points including 19 high-precision cross-type points and 26 Assist AF points. This new array allows the 19 cross-type points to be divided into groups of nine inner and nine outer focusing points plus a center point, which makes picking an individual focusing point much faster and easier than going through all 45. During manual AF point selection, the AF point area is expandable in two stages via Custom Function control.

Well as Canon are still having major problems with the AF on the 1d mkIII that doesn't sound good

Flash sync is listed at 1/250 and 1/300 and up to 1/8000 with EX speedlite

I'm sure it wouldn't be 1/300th as Canon 1 series don't have 1/300th it should be 1/320th

me thinks strange things are afoot at the circle k

and by the way Lisa, you owe me a new keyboard!! I spat Lucozade all over mine when I saw the thread title :lol:

it seems amazon have took the webpages re: 1Ds mkIII and 40D offline maybe they got their butts kicked by canon :lmao:

I drooled and then i realized id never need a camera like that (or at least not for awhile) and i cant afford a camera like that either. Ha ha, looks nice though. Im more excited to see the 30d replacement thats rumored to be coming soon though.

If I needed 20 megapixels, I'd much rather shoot with a Mamyia 645AF with a ZD back. It's about the same price and should be of much higher quality since each pixel is largerl, giving better ISO performance.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/502709-REG/Mamiya_310_100_ZD_Digital_System.html

And if the 1Ds MkIII handles like the MkII where it takes two hands to operate the menus and be completely counter-intuitive to the point where it gets in the way of the photographer making pictures, than I don't want anything to do with it.

And if the 1Ds MkIII handles like the MkII where it takes two hands to operate the menus and be completely counter-intuitive to the point where it gets in the way of the photographer making pictures, than I don't want anything to do with it.

:lol: I guess you've never used a mkII then?

I mean its such a pain to have to HOLD the camera with one hand and use the other hand to navigate through the menus ;-) :lol:

:lol: I guess you've never used a mkII then?

I mean its such a pain to have to HOLD the camera with one hand and use the other hand to navigate through the menus ;-) :lol:

I have used 1Ds MkII's before, and I do not enjoy using them. It's all personal preference, right? :|

Nikon have a few BIG primes with VR on their way

If I needed 20 megapixels, I'd much rather shoot with a Mamyia 645AF with a ZD back. It's about the same price and should be of much higher quality since each pixel is largerl, giving better ISO performance.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/502709-REG/Mamiya_310_100_ZD_Digital_System.html

1) The larger glass of the MF body can resolve at that resolution also, no 35mm format glass can resolve LP/MM for pixels that small. The best Nikon glass is pushed for the D2Xs and it has the smallest pixels to date.
2)I don't like the feel of the C bodies, the last C body that felt good to me was the F1, and the Photomic FTn still felt more natural to me. Now I'm really dating myself.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back