1DX III or Mirrorless

TonyUSA

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you think between the two? I will pick one up next year. I am mostly only shoot sports.

Thank you,

Last edited:
The 1dx 3 isn't out and mirrorless could be any camera without a mirror, I'll take an iphone

Totally depends on what you shoot and what the new Canon mirrorless specs are when announced.

From the specs that have leaked on the 1Dx3, it may be just a professional sports camera for most and if you don't already have CFExpress cards, that is going to add to the cost.

The Canon EOS R is a nice camera and would be good for portrait work with the eye detect feature. (I've actually shot that one).

I'm very interested in the mirrorless market at this time because from what I see, Canon is killing it with the glass for the R system.

Since I shoot more sports than anything, I am waiting to see what "Pro" type stuff is heading. (Or I mean announced or is released).

After a bit of study I guess I will get brand new 1dx 2 for now. And will either get 1dx 3 or mirrorless later.

The 1DX III is not out yet. I would wait till they have it announced, go to the store, play around with it and see for myself. On the other hand, the EOS R and RP are both great cameras. By the time the 1DX comes out, prices would have dropped a little as well and you can make a better choice.

Thank you.

For the money, go a higher end mirrorless. Or save a bit and get a Hassy MF mirrorless.

For the money, go a higher end mirrorless. Or save a bit and get a Hassy MF mirrorless.

I love to own Hasselbald but I mostly shoot sports.

After a bit of study I guess I will get brand new 1dx 2 for now. And will either get 1dx 3 or mirrorless later.

OK, mirrorless is getting cheaper and better

Most reactions

Back