1st attempt with RAW images

The kirby was very usefull in the shot, as I could reposition the flower stem, then zip/unzip to change the angle of the shot, the stem was curled and I had to have it face a certain way, the tape was very helpful as well.

I've found that a bigscreen tv is a fantastic background for some of my shots, it's matt finished, doesn't reflect light all over the place, usually nothing in front of it so I have lots of tripod room and with the right lighting I get a black background.

makes me wonder what I can do with my Dyson, hum:confused:

Nice speakers! BTW it can take a while to explore the RAW import options,.. and if your shot is spot on - just open.

-S

Nice speakers! BTW it can take a while to explore the RAW import options,.. and if your shot is spot on - just open.

-S

Thanks, the ML Acent i's are amazingly pure, new speaker cables cost more than a D2, thats why I got the D700...LOL

I've come to realize that if the image is correct and I'm happy with it, why tweak it... Weird how photography has advanced more into photo manipulation vs photo skills. I'm seriously torn between being a purist (not a good one as of yet) and having good PS skills

With my marine macro photography, if I were to post a manipulated post of some of my corals on some of my other forums, the marine people purist crowd would boo, hiss, snarl and throw rocks, they can spot even the slightest alterations as they are never true to nature...I've spent the better part of the last year learning how to capture true images of my corals that are respected and known for realism. There is simply no way to alter the colors and not have it called out.....This venture into other areas of photography has been a real eye opener

The underwater aspect has to be a strange bird..

And that is good news, as it means you will not be prone to oversaturate images, or more accurately leave them OS'd after adjustments like curves, levels, contrast, etc knock them out of range.

And it is odd that the digital darkroom makes us an extension of the camera's process in one respect, and wonderful in another. I'm going to shoot a neutral picture style tomorrow and dip my head in a little bit deeper.

Most reactions

Back