1st e·Session

Clawed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took a couple of my friends to shoot some 'engagement type' shots. I say that because they have been married for over a year now, but never had these done. We arrived at our destination almost an hour late (traffic issues) and the sun was setting. But, we tried to make the very best of it and had some night photography fun.

What do you think? I have another session tomorrow at the same location, so let me know ~

:thumbup:

*1*
4061978302_a6bb9cf6bc_o.jpg

*2*
NOTE: The image linked below ("Lightning on the Columbia River" was used to make this composite. I would like to thank Phatman for allowing it's Creative Commons use.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hotreactor/1148346082/
4062010482_b697e502f7_o.jpg

*3*
-Removed-

*4*
4061983436_3a60f9d1e5_o.jpg

*5*
4061987744_17ab52c47c_o.jpg

*6*
-Removed-

*7*
4062002038_f5526d7023_o.jpg

*8*
4061996064_93e2c74eb9_o.jpg

Last edited:
I think they were going in the right direction but just too under exposed.

I think they were going in the right direction but just too under exposed.

Fair enough, thank you for the insight :thumbup:

I always worry about killing my subjects with flash. 2,4 & 8 were intentionally a bit underexposed but I removed two photos that I feel your criticism most applies to. Again, thanks!

Yeah, it's tough, if only you had a few more hours light, and I prefer natural light over a flash which is what I think you were hinting at.

Tastefully done! Not overly cliche, and nicely executed,especially if yuo were not planning on a night-time shoot. I do like the lightning background composite photo illustration.

I think you did a great job working without much light. Its really the trouble with depending on natural light and glad to hear you and your clients were able to roll with it.

Only one issue, I think her shirt is hideous and keeps pulling my eye.

i felt it was a bit not natural enough, it was kind of grimy IMO, i liked the poses they were in, but in a more nature oriented setting would do them well

i liked 1 and 4 though, 4 the most, just because it looks serene, and as i said ^, its wooden, and "cozy"

I like the set. Gives a romantic feel to the overall look.

And i think the setting works just fine, some people live in the city, grew up in the city, so having their photos taken in the city only make sense.

Thank you all for taking the time to give some feedback. It's very much appreciated :D

Like I said, I will be returning to this location for another shoot later today. There are so many good places to shoot there, so I will be exploring it in much more detail.

The one thing I struggle with as a photographer is posing my subjects. I was hoping that this was not painfully obvious when viewing these photos. Overall, the shoot went well for this being my first real venture as a "professional" (I use that term loosely, since I'm still always learning new things).

Hope you all had a fun Halloween!

Most reactions

Back