2 _MG_5743.jpg

3 _MG_5745.jpg

4 _MG_5746.jpg

5 _MG_5753.jpg

6 _MG_5754.jpg

7 _MG_5760.jpg

8 _MG_5769.jpg

9 _MG_5779.jpg

There's only so much you can do with event work like this, and for the most part, I think you've done well, but I would pay closer attention to the facial expressions of people, especially those who will feature prominently in the image. In #7, the chap in the red shirt looks quite unhappy; probably NOT the message the owners want to convey, and in in #8, the lady on the right looks like you caught her in mid sneeze or something; hardly a flattering look. I'm guessing a half-second either side would have made all the difference. Good job on the lighting here.

The first one shows the artwork and I like someone there looking at it, I just might have liked it better with her completely in the frame from head to foot - same with #4. (You're just too darn tall!! lol)

The only thing about the doorway is the car and signs etc. outside are rather distractions more than part of the picture; don't know what it would be like if you'd gotten to the other side to change your vantage point.

# 3 and 5 are nice. What the heck is that noticeably white car doing smack dab in front of the door?? lol if it was a dark car it would've helped. (Next time make friends with a tow truck driver... I'm kidding.)

#6 looks a little chopped off, maybe actually a slight further crop to the bottom would help.
PAL copy.jpg

I wouldn't use Mr. Redshirt, that caught an odd moment as Tirediron said with the guy moving thru your picture. And either that John, or Lady in #8 needs glasses! but nicely framed shot. You seem to continue to improve, getting cleaner compositions with less clutter.

And I don't know what's going on in #9 but she seems to be having fun! which is usually what they want, pictures of attendees at an event enjoying themselves. I can see a difference in your photos, your practice and determination seem to be helping you to keep getting better.

Flipping photographers annoyed me to no end when I had a show. They never cared about my art, it was about theirs. One of the reasons I wanted to learn so I could direct THEM. I hate to say it but you missed the art... it was about you tecboy

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
There's only so much you can do with event work like this, and for the most part, I think you've done well, but I would pay closer attention to the facial expressions of people, especially those who will feature prominently in the image. In #7, the chap in the red shirt looks quite unhappy; probably NOT the message the owners want to convey, and in in #8, the lady on the right looks like you caught her in mid sneeze or something; hardly a flattering look. I'm guessing a half-second either side would have made all the difference. Good job on the lighting here.
How about the art and not taking the easy way out. I am shocked at your response... These photos are not ...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Depends on what they want... If they want to show their opening or event, then the pictures would need to show attendees, the food tables, the band/musicians, whatever. In my experience when I've done submissions a gallery's website may show the individual photographers' or artists' work; then there will be photos on their website/social media pages that show people in attendance at the opening.

You can't always photograph artwork and use the photos, depends on their policy and your purpose.

Tecboy takes photos at this little community art gallery for them to use to promote their openings/events (at least that was what he's been doing). So they may not need/want photos of the artwork for this purpose.

Most reactions

Back