3 _MG_0342.jpg

4 _MG_0370.jpg
5 _MG_0381.jpg

6 _MG_0384.jpg

7 _MG_0424.jpg

8 _MG_0430.jpg

9 _MG_0439.jpg

10 _MG_0446.jpg

You have some good shots. Of course my first thought when I saw the guy in #10 was "is he trying to fart?". My FIL stands like that when he does so everyone usually ups and leaves the room if they notice. Not the most flattering shot of that poor guy!

I don't mean to be unkind ... and to be perfectly honest, I haven't had really any experience myself at event shooting, but ... did you have a particular purpose or artistic goal in mind while shooting? The images are clear and well focused, and illustrate the event well, and all except #9 seem (to my novice eye) to be properly exposed ...

What comes across to me is a collection of images taken of ... well ... guests walking around talking and eating at an event ... all at eye level ... all sort of the same.

One suggestion I might have made on the glass case (#4) is to use your wide angle lens with the case in the foreground, and shoot up, to capture the viewers faces gazing at the item in the case. If it were me, I suppose I would looks for moments with big laughs, or perhaps intense scrutiny of the art, maybe some shots along walls with perspective lines.

Sorry I don't have a lot of great things to say, but FWIW, I kind of had a swing & a miss myself the other day. I posted some street shots that I thought were pure genius-pulitzer-winning stuff, and they came across as voyeuristic & intrusive, and boring. My mistake was not studying that particular end of the craft (street shooting) before I went out, and relying on images with moments and and memories that were special to ME, but without communicating that "specialness" through the image to the VIEWER.

HTH, and best of luck :thumbyo:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back