1st Jewish Wedding-The Motherload

she's really getting into it in #14

it looks like he's trying to make her work for it. :lmao:

amazing pictures. all of them. :thumbup:

she's really getting into it in #14

it looks like he's trying to make her work for it. :lmao:

amazing pictures. all of them. :thumbup:

BUt why is she naked??? someone... please enlighten me... :confused:

My favorite is #25. I think it looks awesome in Black & White. All of them are really great though.

For future use to impress clients, the marriage contract is called the ketubah.
The groom stamping on the glass wrapped in cloth is big, big part of ceremony.

Thanks Traveler. I thought I spelled it wrong. We got the glass breaking, but I had so many faves.....

Absolutely beautiful!

Only one I looked for was the glass being crushed - kind of symbolic of an american kiss.

Superb photos. Kudos to you!

Great shots aas usual. Looks like everybody was having fun at this wedding.

BUt why is she naked??? someone... please enlighten me... :confused:

It is traditional in Jewish weddings for the bride to be completely naked for the first dance with the groom. Although some non-orthidox jews will allow the wearing of socks during this part of the ceremony, it is generally frowned upon.

I'm not sure if the bride in this shot had her socks on or not, as her feet are out of shot.

I hope this helped :)

It is traditional in Jewish weddings for the bride to be completely naked for the first dance with the groom. Although some non-orthidox jews will allow the wearing of socks during this part of the ceremony, it is generally frowned upon.

I'm not sure if the bride in this shot had her socks on or not, as her feet are out of shot.

:lol: Sounds like a load of horse **** if you ask me.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have been to a few Jewish weddings but never photographed one. Both times I thought to myself, they are some great photographic opportunities. At least more than a traditional wedding. To me they felt more festive. I think you have captured that very well. Very nice.

Love #20! Your reception shots are always so good. I have a hard time getting a good composition with them.
Love #15 as well:)

My bf is Jewish and his sister is already talking about having me do her wedding. I've already tried to convince her that maybe it would be better to have her hire someone else...but I don't think she'll take no for an answer:) I hope her wedding is this traditional:)

I just did my first wedding (as an assistant/ second shooter) which happened to a jewish wedding. It was loads of fun!!

Your shots came out great!! It's hard to pick just a few

Thank you guys! April, you should do it. I did some studying, and went to the reheasal to make sure I didn't miss out on any trad stuff, but for the most part it was the same as any other wedding, minus the bs church rules.

The wedding looked alot of fun. Your pictures are awesome. You always seem to catch the shot at the right moment. I admire that about you !

BTW. Do you use sloppy borders when you give the final pics to the bride and groom? Or is that something they requested?

Most reactions

Back