1st Lightning pic

mrsid99

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taken from my back door a few minutes ago, F4.5, 15 seconds, ISO 100 with a 28mm Tamron lens set to infinity on a Canon 10D.

Ltng1.jpg

Attachments

• $Ltng1.jpg
    $Ltng1.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 143
great capture! but might i suggest..? you seem a little bit close, there, and that makes me nervous....but its really a good shot of the fingers of the lightning....very cool....

I'm so jealous Sid. They keep telling us we're going to have a thunderstorm up here but I haven't seen one yet.

Great shot and it's kinda cool how it followed the rule of thirds by itself. :D

That's awsome!!! Very hard subject indeed, this is somthing I have allways wanted to do, I have tried once before with no success. Nice capture, thanks for sharing it.

aprilraven said:
great capture! but might i suggest..? you seem a little bit close, there, and that makes me nervous....but its really a good shot of the fingers of the lightning....very cool....

Hi April,
Didn't have too much say in how close I was, just lucky that it hit when the shutter was open.
Thanks for the kind words folks, never saw a decent electric storm during 25 years in California.
While looking through some of the other pics I took that night I found a cloud to cloud strike:

Ltng.jpg

Attachments

• $Ltng.jpg
    $Ltng.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 80
very nice! you are lucky! I'm waiting for a lightning for about 8 months now :)

very nice!
I heard there was a lightning storm here at my house last night.... but I slept through it.... :lmao:

Thats a great pic! Congrats! I had my 1st attempt at lightning photos last weekend. I didn't get set up until the end of the storm though. I stood there for forever waiting for a lightning bolt, and when one finally came it was so big that it startled me and my finger came off the shutter release. I only got like a third of the bolt, and most of that was hidden by tree branches! :grumpy: After that there was only one more bolt and it wasn't very interesting.

Good Job to you though!

Julie

Most reactions

Back