1st model shoot

dezmaas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
HI...Here is a shot I took on my first shoot with a model. I added the sunlight effect with Paintshop Pro..all comments welcome.

sunnynic.jpg

I think the added effects are distracting attention away from the model. I'd like to see it without the effects.

Sunburst or lens flare are very commonly used in either photoshop or paint shop. That said, The effect you have created is good but a bit over-used. Also in my opinion, it may be a touch on the bright side. Have you got the original photo without the effect?
But, like i said. You have created a good picture.

Yeah, I still have the original photo without the effects.

Yeah! She looks like Anna :)
I think I've to meet her soon ;)

Dez your idea about the lens flare is good...but to keep the photo out of impurity you can avoid them for now :)

I like it better without the flare. It's low on contrast, though. I would set the black point (using levels) so that her dress has some actual black in it. This might look interesting as a high-contrast image, since there isn't much light on the front of her. If that doesn't work for you, you could try a reflector to bounce the light coming in the window back on to her face.

Backlighting is fun, but tricky.

Moni said:
Yeah! She looks like Anna :)
I think I've to meet her soon ;)

You wish!! :D

Dez your idea about the lens flare is good...but to keep the photo out of impurity you can avoid them for now :)

Experimenting is what photography is all about!

I agree that there's too much flare. But I get the idea. The sun showing through behind the blinds would be interesting. This is probably too much contrast, but, screw it.

nic16bw.jpg

This stock lighting from Paint Shop kinda frames it, although I probably wouldn't use it:
nic16bw2.jpg

Galaxy_Stranger said:
I agree that there's too much flare. But I get the idea. The sun showing through behind the blinds would be interesting. This is probably too much contrast, but, screw it.

nic16bw.jpg

This stock lighting from Paint Shop kinda frames it, although I probably wouldn't use it:
nic16bw2.jpg

WoW! How you did that ???!!!???

Which one? The top one was just adjusted brightness and contrast. I also put in the same lens flare that he did in the upper left corner, just turned down the settings a bit - that lit up her face some.

The second one is the same shot, but those lights in the corners are a prefabricated effect in Paint Shop. I didn't really have to do anything. I thought it looked different, so I stuck it on there.

Well I still think the original is the best. Seems like your trying to make this picture something it isnt with the effects. Anyway I just think you need to dodge out her face a little. I see that as the biggest problem, its to dark. Also what does the neg look like. Looks like it might be under exposed, you dont seem to have any shadow detail and your mids are muddy.

I think that last show effect is the best version of all. Sometimes the best ones are also the easiest to do! :D

Aaron

Most reactions

New Topics

Back