1st Nature Shots

plentygood

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these over the Thanksgiving break with my Canon S3. It was my first try at landscape and nature stuff, and these are 4 of the top ones from the day in my opinion. Please C&C harshly! Thanks!

Photography020s.jpg

Photography030b.jpg

Photography045.jpg

Photography054.jpg

technically speaking you lost the sky in the first one ... it is overexposed a lot. maybe you could have gone closer in and got rid of the sky in the frame.

number two seems better composition wise, and the sky is nice.

3 is a bit boring, but ok :)

Thanks for the feedback.

I desaturated 1 and 2. I can't figure out if I like the originals or the desaturated ones better. Here's the originals unedited.

2082212608_1c6bb84016.jpg

2081438295_f5cbf5d428.jpg

The saturated ones are better, IMO.

I agree. I think #2 might actually look pretty good in black and white. It might make the logs sticking out of the water pop a little more. But I'm a sucker for wood textures and black and white.

I like the originals...great pics!

I prefer the color ones. Your original on #1 has just a bit too much blue tone. An auto color on photoshop elements gives it a warmer look or adjusting the color for less blue and/or more red works too (and I am sure a better editing program can do even better).

Since you have "ok to edit" I played with it just a tad. I'd probably work with it more than I have, but just to give you an idea...

tpfeditedphoto1.jpg

I definitely like the original of #2 better than the desaturated one too. Nice series.

Thanks a ton! I've got Photostudio (which came with the S3), but I've never played around with changing color tones. I definately like your edit.

Most reactions

Back