1st Night Shots

maulrat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, well last night I got super bored. I went out looking for an overpass to take some long shutter headlight blur photos of the freeway but all the bridges I found had fences in the way; grrr :grumpy:. So I did the next best thing. I went to the edge of the city and decided to take some photos. I wish there weren't so many boats. Kinda got lucky with a fireworks shot. What do you think?

2820822828_2d13e53a94_o.jpg

2819980917_71eca6c0ec_o.jpg

2819981169_094dfd7375_o.jpg

I think they're good shots overall. I'm not sure why you used an aperture of f22 for #1 however; a nice shallow DoF (f2) would have given you a nice, softly focused background and really isolated the statue. #2 is nicely done (Seaport Village?) and #3 is a good capture as well, but just a trifle over-exposed in the centre of the burst.

I'm not sure why you used an aperture of f22 for #1 however; a nice shallow DoF (f2) would have given you a nice, softly focused background and really isolated the statue.

My idea here was to take a long exposure photo. This helps to create the nice mystic water flow of the fountain and also creates a sort of frosty looking pool of water below. I figured that if I used a shallow DoF, I wouldn't be able to take my shutter speed to 25 or 30 seconds. I probably could have gotten away with slapping on an ND filter. I'll have to try that next time. It was Labor Day weekend so keeping tourists from ghosting across my shots was feat in itself. Another thing I was really worried about was noise. I can't stand noise. Night shooting is scary. I can't wait to get more practice though.

Oh and yeah, these were all taken at Seaport Village :)

i think that number two is great. I agree about number one but you did get the look you were going for.

Most reactions

Back