1st Picture on Forum C&C Please

Fleetwood271

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just joined a few days ago. This pic was: D90 with the 18-105 kit lens, shutter was 1/5, ISO was 320.

Just got my camera in Jan of this year. Having a lot of fun so far. Learning more all the time.

Thanks!

8zFubo
Waterfall8-25-10.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!

I like this photo, even though it's a bit too saturated for my personal taste. I get the impression that those trees in the background are tall and majestic, so I'm left wanting to see more of them --maybe not a bad thing :)

i think the water looks awesome, but the rest of the photo's colors are off

Can you explain? I don't understand where the colors are off. It looks to me just as it did in person when I was there. I'd appreciate more info.

Thanks!

Oh and everyone, please feel free to edit my pic to show me how it should look, in your opinion.

I realize I have a lot to learn.

Thanks!

I'm no expert on the matter, but here's what I came up with in photoshop.

waterfall82510.png

waterfall82510.png

Ok - So it looks like you removed some of the saturation? The trees appears more green. Or maybe a darker green? Thanks!

Anyone else?

What was your white balance setting?

waterfall82510.png

Ok - So it looks like you removed some of the saturation? The trees appears more green. Or maybe a darker green? Thanks!

Anyone else?

added dark green photo filter
adjusted brightness/contrast
adjusted levels
adjusted saturation
adjusted exposure
added sharpen

for me the new changes made it easier on my eyes to focus on the photo. It made the water the main focus point and the rest complimenting the water and not vice-versa. but thats just my viewpoint. it's best to hold the two photos side by side and see what you like and dislike in the changes.

Last edited:

waterfall82510.png

Anyone else?

added dark green photo filter
adjusted brightness/contrast
adjusted levels
adjusted saturation
adjusted exposure
added sharpen

for me the new changes made it easier on my eyes to focus on the photo. It made the water the main focus point and the rest complimenting the water and not vice-versa. but thats just my viewpoint. it's best to hold the two photos side by side and see what you like and dislike in the changes.

I like what you did, and more importantly, I have learned something by your statement about making it easier to focus on the water.

Thanks!!

for a new comer you have a good eye and a good attitude towards c&c so ill add on. i agree with the others your water is awesome shutter looks as if it was set perfectly for the water blur you were looking for. however your colors of woods/trees are way to saturated im not sure if you saturated it or if it came out like that, but that would be its only flaw. usually when i shoot waterfalls during the day/sunny i put on a low ND Filter and it pretty much will take care of that if you dont wanna mess with photoshop. nice work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back