1st post in this section C&C please...

taknbyd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was my second time shooting with a DSLR.. Any CC appreciated!! My Wife..
IMG_2491.jpg

I really like the idea of this but the lights behind her are so bright that my eye is drawn to them more than her face.

Not bad, but like melody said the lights in the background are drawing too much attention, also you should've retouched the circles under her eyes and brightened her eyes as well.

I agree with what the others say.
The brightened up version is nice, but I would still tackle the circles under her eyes. Also, perhaps a crop closer to her, so less of the light spots, would be benefical. That way the focus would be less on the lights and more on the model. But good attempt.

Heres the idea of how I would've edited it, of course in more detail/cleaner. Did this extremely fast.

IMG_2491-1.jpg

Improved all the wrinkles and added slight amount of red to her lips, not to make it fake looking, just to bring out a little of the natural color. But like I said, should take more time to do everything and make it look better.

Last edited:
Just another observation. Please forgive me atm because I'm at a loss for definition.

I think you will find that it is more appealing to see a bit of white on either side of the... here we go... iris, cornea, pupil, the dark part... particularly on the far (right) eye.

(say 'ello to my little friend...... blame it on Jose)

To do that work in layers, duplicate the background layer then take care of any wrinkles/circles under eyes with patch tool/healing brush/clone stamp, then change the opacity to make it look more natural.

I really like the idea of this but the lights behind her are so bright that my eye is drawn to them more than her face.

I don't know-I'm drawn right to the face.. Really nice, soft shot! Beautiful model!

But one thing I have read, as I think has been mentioned, is to never have the model look so far to one side that the eyeball gets buried against the nose with no eye white..

I agree with what the others say.
The brightened up version is nice, but I would still tackle the circles under her eyes.

I don't know about that-she is a gorgeous model, and today people are sometimes going so far with their, "skills," in Photoshop that they make the model totally unrecognizable from the actual person so that when you meet them you have no idea whom you're meeting.. Some imperfections are nice, as they remind us that we're all human and beautiful even with the flaws.. We shouldn't correct every imperfection just because we can.

OK, here's my edit....hope it looks ok - photobucket has been funking up my lighting.

wifelights-1.jpg

OK, PB is still dark...how annoying!

Thanks again for your comments :).. Really appreciate it!! I know what you mean Stella my photoshop is doing the same thing this picture looks much brighter in my file on the comp versus in this forum.. Thought I was the only one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back