1st pro shoot

NikFan1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just a few from today. I have not done any outdoor flash work only studio.

2270569242_cb75552407.jpg

2269778939_44b211b99d.jpg

2270572578_25316f4839.jpg

nice clear images... too bad the lady's hair is so distracting from the wind in #1/2

Very nice but the sun in 2 & 3 are really distracting. Good none the less.

nice clear images... too bad the lady's hair is so distracting from the wind in #1/2

Hm I actually thought the hair was cool... more natural that way :greenpbl:.

Could maybe tone down the sun a bit, but very very nice quality in your photos!

very nice indeed! it almost looks like that you have made the whole beech your own studio with natural sun and sea as your background. how many flash did you use?

Thanks everyone for the input! I was a little nervous, matching the ambient sunlight w/ flash is kind of hard in my opinion and it was my 1st attempt. I used one strobe so next time I'll use two at lower power and warming filters.
I was torn on the sun too, a little distracting but at the same time it looks good, they wanted the sun in the shot so I did as they liked. The were very
pleased with the pictures. I thought they were ok, I was not totally happy with them because I had to shoot @ F22 so they were not as sharp as I wanted. Next time out I will shoot later in the day, say 40min before sunset to get my F stop down to 8-11. Thanks again:thumbup:

Hm I actually thought the hair was cool... more natural that way :greenpbl:.

Could maybe tone down the sun a bit, but very very nice quality in your photos!

+1 I like the wind in the hair adds an awsome effect! Great pictures, keep the breezy hair :wink:

I These are good, you used your sb-600 off camera and used the sun as a hair light.

Only thing i would suggest is next time, raise your speedlight to give better looking nose shadows.

Very nice photos there! The sun in number 2, I think, gives people more to look at, rather than it being just a "mug-shot". The emphasis is still on the people, though, and that's very important.

Is it just me, or does the child's face in pic 3 look a bit bright?

I These are good, you used your sb-600 off camera and used the sun as a hair light.

Only thing i would suggest is next time, raise your speedlight to give better looking nose shadows.

Will do, I hate shadows! I would have used the 2nd 600 for some fill on the left but my stand would have been in 2ft of water and as you can see it was windy lol

Very nice photos there! The sun in number 2, I think, gives people more to look at, rather than it being just a "mug-shot". The emphasis is still on the people, though, and that's very important.

Is it just me, or does the child's face in pic 3 look a bit bright?

Thanks! I had the flash setup to be directed to them and kind of bounce off the rock into their face for fill, so when he laid down he got 1/2 power in his face lol ha

Most reactions

New Topics

Back