1st Roll

dizzymizzy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are the pictures that came out best from my 1st SLR 35mm roll.

Specs: Canon EOS Rebel Gii, 35mm. Fuji 400ISO. Please let me know what you think. What can be improved?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Great atmosphere in these. I really like #1 and #3.

Very nice. I like the last one. Experiment with some different film. There are better films than over the counter stuff.

Thanks...
What ND filter # do you recommend for night shots prohibiting the exposure of moving objects like a car? I can't afford an entire set at the moment.

Also, what film do you recommend? There is a local store that sells expired film in a refrigerator for cheap. I may try some high-end 100, though I don't know any brands.

Best,
Dizz

Very cool. I love the way film looks. #4 is my favourite, although 5 and 6 I also like a lot. I'm also about to take my first film SLR shots, although I'm using B&W Ilford film because that's what I found in the basement (just found out that I need a battery first though :().

I'd also like to know some of the better brands of film?

An interesting collection. My opinion per req:
1. Nicely composed, and good exposure, however the focus is off. The image appears to be soft overall, and there is far to much DoF. In this case, ideally you would want the sign and scooter in crisp focus, and everything else soft enough to be somewhat unrecogniable and distracting; as it is, it's rather too busy. You could either try shooting wide open with a very fast lens (f1.4) or get farther back and use a telephoto, which has a much shallower DoF.
2. This one should have been cropped a little more tightly to eliminate the trees and wtaer in the background which tend to lead the eye out of the image. Fill flash or a reflector on the right would have helped even out the exposure.
3. Another victim of soft focus. As well, be aware of your background, and the large white "pole" which appears to be growing out of the smaller dog.
4. I'm afraid this one doesn't do much for me.
5. A longer exposure was required on this one to lighten up the foreground a little. A good idea; again, be aware or your position and background. The "No turn on red" sign goes right through the middle of the right-hand most car.
6. A nice capture except for the flare on the left.

dizzymizzy said:
What ND filter # do you recommend for night shots prohibiting the exposure of moving objects like a car? I can't afford an entire set at the moment.

Not quite sure what you mean by this; can you expand on it a little more? A neutral density filter is generally used to achieve a longer exposure time in bright conditions, for instance to achieve the soft vaporous quality you often see in waterfall pictures.

Most reactions

Back